Assistant Professor of Educational Administration
Charter College of Education
Division of Applied and Advanced Studies of Education
California State University, Los Angeles
The primary professional responsibilities of instructional faculty members are: teaching, research, scholarship and/or creative activity, and service to the University, profession and to the community. These responsibilities generally include: advising students, participation in campus and system-wide committees, maintaining office hours, working collaboratively and productively with colleagues, and participation in traditional academic functions.
In addition, the successful candidate will be asked to provide leadership and instruction in the California Preliminary and Clear Induction Administrative Services Credential Preparation Programs as well as in the Educational Leadership program (Ed.D.). The faculty member may serve as chair or committee member on masterís thesis and Ed.D doctoral dissertation committees.
The successful candidate will be committed to the academic success of all of our students and to an environment that acknowledges, encourages, and celebrates diversity and differences. To this end, the successful candidate will work effectively, respectfully, and collaboratively in diverse, multicultural, and inclusive settings. In addition, the successful candidate will be ready to join faculty, staff, students, and administrators in our Universityís shared commitment to the principles of engagement, service, and the public good.
An earned Doctorate in Ph.D. or Ed.D. in Educational Administration, Educational Leadership or closely-related field from an accredited university doctoral program is required; however, applicants nearing completion of the doctorate (ABD) may be considered. For appointment, the doctorate must be completed by the date of appointment (8/16/2018).
- Served a minimum of five years as an administrator in K-12 public schools, and;
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to working effectively with faculty, staff, and students in a multicultural/multiethnic urban campus environment with a substantial population of first-generation students.
- Successful record of teaching experience at the university graduate level;
- Record of scholarly productivity in educational administration or leadership;
- Demonstrated expertise in K-12 public school district administration;
- California Clear Administrative Services Credential;
- Evidence of currency in the field and/or active involvement in professional associations;
- Experience with thesis and/or dissertation advising, and;
- Demonstrated knowledge and/or teaching experience in one or more of the following areas: instructional leadership, human resources, school finance, school law, and school management.
Please submit the following electronically to email address listed below:
- a cover letter specifically addressing minimum and preferred qualifications;
- a curriculum vitae;
- list of 3-5 professional references; and
- a university application for employment (Found Here).
Finalists will be required to submit 1) three current letters of recommendation; and 2) official transcripts.
Employment is contingent upon proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at California State University, Los Angeles and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com