Associate Professor of Higher Education/Postsecondary Education
Charter College of Education
Division of Applied and Advanced Studies of Education
California State University, Los Angeles
The primary professional responsibilities of instructional faculty members are: teaching, research, scholarship and/or creative activity, and service to the University, profession and to the community. These responsibilities generally include: advising students, participation in campus and system-wide committees, maintaining office hours, working collaboratively and productively with colleagues, and participation in traditional academic functions.
The successful candidate will also serve on dissertation/thesis committees and assist programs with seeking external funding in support of research, scholarship, and creative activities.
The successful candidate will be committed to the academic success of all of our students and to an environment that acknowledges, encourages, and celebrates diversity and differences. To this end, the successful candidate will work effectively, respectfully, and collaboratively in diverse, multicultural, and inclusive settings. In addition, the successful candidate will be ready to join faculty, staff, students, and administrators in our University’s shared commitment to the principles of engagement, service, and the public good.
An earned Ed.D. or Ph.D. in Education with a specialization in Higher Education/Postsecondary Education or a closely-related field from an accredited university doctoral program.
- Demonstrated expertise and teaching in quantitative methods;
- Established record of research, scholarship, and/or creative activity;
- A record of excellent teaching in graduate and/or undergraduate settings;
- A minimum of two years of experience working in the community college or four year university setting), and;
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to working effectively with faculty, staff, and students in a multicultural/multiethnic urban campus environment with a substantial population of first-generation students.
- Experience with hybrid and/or on-line instruction;
- Experience serving on thesis or dissertation committees, and;
- Teaching competence/experience in one or more of the following areas: Higher education/postsecondary education finance; postsecondary education curriculum and assessment; practitioner research; advanced statistics; higher/postsecondary education policy and/or law; diversity and equity for social justice in education;, or; program evaluation.
Please submit the following electronically to email address listed below:
- a cover letter specifically addressing minimum and preferred qualifications;
- a curriculum vitae;
- list of 3-5 professional references; and
- a university application for employment (Found Here).
Finalists will be required to submit 1) three current letters of recommendation; and 2) official transcripts.
Employment is contingent upon proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at California State University, Los Angeles and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com