Office Manager I/II, Continuing Education & Workforce Development
Anne Arundel Community College
With learning as its central mission, Anne Arundel Community College has responded to the needs of a diverse community for more than 50 years by offering high quality, affordable and accessible learning opportunities. Established in 1961, AACC is a fully-accredited, public two-year institution that offers national and regional studies that can lead to a degree or certificate, industry credential, transfer to a four-year institution, or career enhancement, personal enrichment and lifelong learning.
The Office Manager is responsible for providing advanced administrative support to the Assistant Dean of Continuing Education and occasional support for the Associate Vice President of Continuing Education and Workforce Development and Learning Operations and two Assistant Deans. This position also supports other department staff and supervises work study students or other clerical staff.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Program and Administrative Support
Performs daily administrative duties in support of the departmental operations and the enhancement and implementation of innovative noncredit and/or credit open enrollment and contract training. Serves as a lead administrative professional and ensures school and college procedures are followed.
Supports daily operations associated with operations of the School of Continuing Education and Workforce Development to achieve school enrollment and financial goals.
Internal and External Collaboration
Collaborates with AACC department staff, vendors and organizations to promote a unified approach to program delivery.
Assists the Assistant Dean to determine roles and responsibilities with work study or other clerical staff and assists with recruitment, supervision and evaluation of those staff members.
Supports departmental and school-wide marketing efforts through distribution of printed and electronic materials, interfacing with prospective/potential students, community organizations and other AACC department and staff.
Budget and Fiscal Management
Assists departmental staff by providing budget management support through data entry, running reports in the college system, creating requisitions, monitoring inventory, processing LOAs, invoices, etc. Have a critical eye to spot errors and/or omissions on documents.
As assigned by the Assistant Dean and/or Associate Vice President of Continuing Education and Workforce Development and Learning Operations.
Minimum Level of Education Required
- A High School Diploma or equivalent
Minimum Level of Experience Required
- Minimum of three (3) years of administrative support in a business or educational environment
- Minimum of three (3) years of increasing responsibilities and supervision of administrative/clerical staff
- Strong customer service and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to utilize standard work processing, spreadsheets and database systems at an intermediate level.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- An Associate's degree.
- Demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive environment and the ability to deal tactfully with all internal and external constituents.
- Ability to function with minimal supervision with attention to details and deadlines including the ability to work a flexible schedule and travel to accommodate the needs of the school.
- This position requires the ability to work in a fast-paced setting handling multiple complex tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to keep information confidential.
- Ability to interact with a variety of faculty, staff and students from diverse backgrounds.
Hours Per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
For more information or to apply, please visit https://aacc.hiretouch.com
Anne Arundel Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Anne Arundel Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com