University Advancement - Associate Director of Annual Giving
St. Lawrence University
Reporting to the Director of Annual Giving, the Associate Director of Annual Giving will be responsible for coordinating the reunion fundraising component of the St. Lawrence Fund. This includes the identification, recruitment, and management of reunion fundraising volunteer committees for all reunion milestones, excluding the 5th and 10th reunion classes. The Associate Director will work with members of the Annual Giving staff, University Advancement staff, and the Reunion Development Committee chairs (volunteers) to coordinate and make solicitations for leadership gifts within these milestone classes. S/he works closely with the Director of Annual Giving to develop cultivation plans and solicitation strategies for leadership and general annual fund prospects. The Associate Director travels extensively to visit with reunion prospects and volunteers as well as to staff Laurentian events as required each year.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the finalist successfully passing a background (including criminal records) check.
For additional information about St. Lawrence, please visit SLUís homepage at http://www.stlawu.edu/. St. Lawrence University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
- Bachelorís degree required.
- A minimum of three years of experience in fundraising, sales, marketing, or a related field required. Comparable experience in higher education with a focus on development, alumni relations, admissions or student life will be considered.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Exposure to using relational databases.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a team, build effective relationships, and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with Laurentians with the highest degree of professionalism.
- A willingness to travel frequently and to work some evenings and weekends.
- Experience with The Raiserís Edge and Reeher Class Agent preferred.
To view the complete job description, including minimum qualifications required, as well as application instructions please visit: https://employment.stlawu.edu/.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at St. Lawrence University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com