Assistant Professor of Mathematics & Engineering
Baltimore City Community College
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
Overview of position:
This position will teach math courses to meet the needs of a growing population of students. In accordance with the College’s commitment to ensuring student success, the position teaches students at a variety of skill levels, integrating technology in the delivery of instruction and infusing new approaches in the teaching and learning process in the skillful and innovative remediation of math difficulties.
(Curriculum Development and Assessment)
- Develop and teach 15 hours per semester of math courses
- Assist in curriculum development
- Assist in selection and mentoring of adjunct faculty
- Engage in Departmental assessment and evaluation of courses and programs
- Grade and return student assignments and tests in a reasonable period of time
- Prepare complete course outlines and syllabi
- Continually revise and update course content and materials of instruction
- Coordinate course contents and methods with other teachers in the program/discipline
- Initiate and carry through with improvements to course contents and methods
(Academic Advising and Support)
- Conduct orientation and registration of students, and Provides organized delivery of instruction
- Advise and mentor students
- Meet and assist students during office hours, by appointment or at other reasonable times
- Participate actively in development of Departmental policies and procedures.
- Participate in College Committees
- Participate in Student recruitment
- Keep regular posted office hours (which are scheduled at times convenient for students)
- Participate in traditional functions which have academic significance
Why Work at BCCC?
Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a crossroads of diverse peoples, of learning and work, and the multiplicity of stakeholders we serve: individuals, businesses, government and educational institutions of the community at large.
Our employees enjoy a collegial environment that is both challenging and welcoming. We stay innovative as we strive to be the leader in providing quality education that responds to and meets the needs of a diverse population of learners. Students come here to change their lives through education.
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Applications: Please apply online.
Explore this and other current employment opportunities at BCCC by visiting the search openings listed at Baltimore City Community College jobs
When inquiring or applying for this position, please reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within Baltimore City Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com