Associate Vice President of Institutional Research, Effectiveness, & Planning
Baltimore City Community College
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
Overview of position: The Director of Government Relations is the key liaison and advocate for the College regarding all government (municipal, State and Federal) issues and projects.
The Director of Government Relations is responsible for:
- All matters related to federal, State, and local government affairs.
- Develops and manages government relations strategies advancing the College’s agenda.
- Tracks priority legislation and makes recommendations to President’s staff about pending policy changes.
- Advises the President and executive staff on all government affairs issues.
- Establishes and implements short and long range goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures for the College’s government relations.
- Develops mutual relationships with policymakers, education advocates, community college organizations, business groups, nonprofits, public policy groups, and civic associations.
- Develops position statements and testimonies on legislative bills and amendments.
- Interfaces with Congressional members, the Office of the Governor, State Legislators, Baltimore City elected officials, and State Executive Departments.
- Identifies key government leaders with whom the President and appropriate College staff meet and coordinate logistics, agenda and briefings as needed.
- Maintains up-to-date information regarding higher education issues, problems, and legislative activities to inform the College community.
- Coordinates preparatory sessions prior to key hearings.
- Maintains presence in Annapolis.
- Lobbies and testifies at hearings as needed.
- Arranges special meetings, forums, and events on and off campus with government officials.
- Works with faculty and staff to invite elected officials to campus for speaking engagements.
- Consults with President’s staff regarding program plans that relate to legislative priorities.
- Assists President and executive staff with compiling and analyzing data relative to strategic planning, accreditation, marketing, enrollment, and recruitment for the College.
- Attends meetings on behalf of the President as requested.
- Works collaboratively with marketing and public relations to ensure open and accurate internal and external communications.
- Convenes Ad Hoc committees to formulate strategies, policies, and data to support the College’s position.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required, JD or MA in Public Policy or related field preferred;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience lobbying.
- (7-10 years) experience preferred;
- Experience in Maryland state government and/or an institution of Higher Education.
Information and Application Process Instructions
Why Work at BCCC?
Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a crossroads of diverse peoples, of learning and work, and the multiplicity of stakeholders we serve: individuals, businesses, government and educational institutions of the community at large.
Our employees enjoy a collegial environment that is both challenging and welcoming. We stay innovative as we strive to be the leader in providing quality education that responds to and meets the needs of a diverse population of learners. Students come here to change their lives through education.
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Applications: Please apply online.
Explore this and other current employment opportunities at BCCC by visiting the search openings listed at Baltimore City Community College jobs
When inquiring or applying for this position, please reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within Baltimore City Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...