Anne Arundel Community College
The Network Administrator assists in the administration and support of the college’s network resources such as workstation images, software application packages, printers and shared drives. The Network Administrator II maintains and operates tools used by technology staff to manage client devices (PCs, MACs, laptops, mobile devices) college-wide. Responsibilities also include executing and monitoring scheduled tasks and services such as desktop patching and application deployments.
The Network Administrator provides maintenance and support of (assigned) systems and applications. The individual also liaises with technology professionals to address desktop and network issues/problems; and performs hands-on problem resolution, as needed.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with the administration and operation of client management tool(s) including, but not limited to, the loading of operating system images, building packages, applying desktop patches and deploying applications and updates.
- Works to ensure desktop clients are current with security patches and updates.
- Assists in projects to select, configure and implement tools to be used by technology staff to manage client devices (PCs, MACs, laptops, mobile devices) college-wide.
- Assists with the administration and support of network resources including, but not limited to: shared drives, network printers, home directories, and group policies.
- Assists with the maintenance and support of systems and applications (server and cloud-based), as assigned.
- Assists in efforts to ensure applications and servers are current with security patches and updates.
- Works to ensure that changes following established change management.
- Ensures planned testing activities are developed, documented, and executed
- Ensures currency of standards, processes and procedures.
- Ensures currency of technical documentation and user procedures/guidelines.
- Utilizes project management best practices to lead staff in technology implementations including, but not limited to: application deployments and updates.
- Works with customers and IS team members to research, recommend, and implement systems and applications.
- Assists Infrastructure Services staff with tuning network software and perform system troubleshooting.
- Responsible for addressing (desktop and network) issues/problems; performs hands-on problem resolution, as needed.
- Assists desktop and audio visual staff to ensure proper support of instruction (in labs and smart rooms) and proper support for administrative staff.
- Provides hardware and user support for devices including, PCs, MACs, laptops, mobile devices, printers, multifunction devices, telecommunications equipment and audio visual equipment. Assists customers with usage of devices and applications; works to address incidents such as login issues.
- Remains abreast of new technologies.
- Documents and shares information as to how hardware and software changes relate to academic needs.
- Assists in the daily supervision of temporary and work-study employees including hiring, training, scheduling and time approval.
Associate’s degree in the field of information systems, computer science or a related discipline.
A minimum of two years’ experience utilizing client management tools in support of a large, production environment.
Maintains knowledge and/or certifications in technologies including, but not limited to: client management tools, Microsoft servers, Active Directory, VMWare, Varonis, security and networks.
Demonstrates knowledge in administration and support of client management tools such as Symantec ITMS and Microsoft SCCM.
Strong written and oral communication skills including the ability to explain technical information to non-technical staff and leadership.
Self-motivated and able to work in a team environment with the ability to interface with all levels of staff.
Ability to independently research and resolve complex problems using current job knowledge.
Ability to work a flexible schedule including off-hour support in emergencies and support for evenings and weekends during scheduled downtime, as needed.
Ability to work at any College site or location (such as Arnold, GBTC, AMIL, Sr. Centers, etc.) in support of college needs.
Current certification such as Security+, MCSA or other related field.
Bachelor's degree in the field of information systems, computer science or a related discipline
Experience with change management processes to effectively communicate changes, develop testing and remediation plans to minimize side effects of hardware and software changes.
Experience in a higher-education environment.
Experienced with implementation and management of MS SCCM.
Work Schedule: M-F 8-4
For more information or to apply, please visit https://aacc.hiretouch.com
Anne Arundel Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Anne Arundel Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com