Assistant Director - Registrar College of Law
University of Cincinnati
Assistant Director for Student Services - Registrar reports to the Asst. Dean for Academic Affairs, provides leadership and management of all aspects of student registration, records, and scheduling for the Law School, ensuring the integrity and confidentiality of student and institutional records. The Assistant Director for Student Services/Registrar also oversees and coordinates instructional space assignments, curriculum management, student record assessments, graduation, degree audits, certifications and transcript production, and administration of examinations for all students. In addition, the Assistant Director for Student Services/Registrar provides strategic planning and direction for the maintenance and enhancement of the academic information structure for the Law School while adhering to state and federal reporting directives.
The University of Cincinnati College of Law is committed to diversity and inclusion of faculty, staff and students. We encourage applications for the position of Assistant Director for Student Services – Registrar from women, people of color, LGBTQ persons, persons with disabilities, and others whose backgrounds, experiences, and viewpoints will help us to develop and recruit an academically talented and diverse applicant pool and student body.
- Oversees compilation, recording, verification, and dissemination of all data related to student enrollment, curriculum, academic progress, grades, and bar passage rates for the law school.
- Collaborates with the Associate Dean and Asst. Dean for Academic Affairs to monitor student academic standing, probation, and suspension, certifies completion of graduation requirements and eligibility for bar examinations.
- Manages the processing and recording of all student grades, processing of grade changes, and tabulation of academic and graduation honors listings.
- Plans, coordinates, and provides leadership in all aspects of the curriculum offerings of the law school; develops and maintains the academic schedule; updates course offerings in accordance to policy.
- Establishes and administers processes and procedures for student records management, archiving, and destruction, in accordance with established regulations, policies, and standards for maintenance, handling, and disposition of student and institutional records.
- Prepares reports to support a variety of administrative and academic support functions; conducts research to support the formulation and implementation of new policies and procedures; prepares statistical reports for inclusion in accreditation surveys and compliance with consumer reporting requirements.
Knowledge of and experience with Catalyst information system preferred. Student advising experience preferred.
Bachelor's degree with one (1) year experience; OR Associate's degree with three (3) years' experience; OR five (5) years' experience. Experience must be in database management, higher education, customer service, or program coordination. Preference will be given to the candidate familiar with the current student information system and who is flexible and willing to adapt to the new system. Excellent analytical and communication skills are highly preferred.
Information and Application Process Instructions
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / M / F / Veteran / Disabled.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the University of Cincinnati and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please apply online
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...