South Orange County Community College District
Electrician (one or more position)
PLEASE NOTE: In order to be considered for this opening, you must apply through the District website at https://jobs.socccd.edu
Pay Range:†† †128, Step 1 is $4,689.00 per month.
Classification Benefits:†† †
The District offers a comprehensive package of insurance benefits to eligible employees, which includes medical and dental insurance, a vision-care plan, life insurance and dependent life coverage, accidental death and dismemberment coverage, and a long-term disability income-protection plan. All premiums are fully paid by the District. Mandatory retirement incentive is with California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS).
Under general supervision from higher level supervisory and/or management staff, performs skilled electrical work in the installation, repair and maintenance of electrical systems and equipment including lighting circuitry, computerized fire and alarm systems, conduit systems and electrical control mechanisms; troubleshoots, diagnoses, and calibrates electrical equipment and systems; installs cable and conduit for fiber optic cable, phone and data systems; performs predictive, preventative, and corrective maintenance as assigned; and maintains a variety of records. May receive functional supervision, technical training and work direction from a higher-level electrician.
This is the journey level class within the Electrician series. Employees within this class are distinguished from the Lead Electrician in that the latter position serves as a lead worker over lower level electrical staff and is assigned the more difficult and complex work of the unit. Employees at this level are fully aware of the operating procedures and policies of the work unit.
- Operational characteristics of electrical systems and internal components.
- Methods, practices, equipment and tools used in the installation, repair and maintenance of electrical systems including lighting circuitry, computerized alarm systems, conduit systems and electrical mechanisms.
- Principles of electrical theory as applied to electrical circuits and wiring systems.
- Operational characteristics of a variety of electrical systems and high voltage networks.
- Principles of electrical and electronic repair.
- Use and maintenance of a variety of power and hand tools.
- Methods and techniques of maintaining, installing and repairing electrical systems and equipment.
- Operating characteristics and application of electrical test equipment.
- Methods and techniques of troubleshooting and calibrating electric and electronic systems and components.
- Instrumentation equipment and precision tools.
- Preventive and corrective maintenance techniques.
- Precautions necessary for working with high voltage.
- Blueprint and symbol identification.
- Basic principles of mathematics.
- Office procedures, methods, and equipment including computers.
- Principles and procedures of record keeping.
- Occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
- Pertinent federal, state and local codes, laws and regulations including Cal/OSHA safety rules, regulations and other safe work practices.
- Install, troubleshoot, maintain and repair various types of electrical equipment and motors including lighting circuitry, computerized fire and alarm systems, conduit systems and electrical control mechanisms.
- Operate a variety of electrical testing, maintenance, repair, and installation equipment in a safe and effective manner.
- Use electrical test equipment.
- Operate hand and power tools competently and safely.
- Install low voltage fiber optic cable for networking purposes.
- Maintain required work logs, records and related operational and maintenance data.
- Prepare clear and concise written reports.
- Perform accurate mathematical calculations.
- Read, interpret, and work from blueprints, electrical diagrams and schematics, manufacturer instructions and directions.
- Perform assigned work in accordance with appropriate safety practices and regulations.
- Operate office equipment including computers.
- Work independently in the absence of supervision.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Education and Experience Guidelines:†† †
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying.
Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade supplemented by specialized journey-level training in the maintenance and repair of electrical lighting, motor control panels and computerized alarm systems.
Two years of responsible journey-level experience in the maintenance and repair of electrical systems including lighting systems, computerized alarm systems and components.
License or Certificate:
Possession of a valid California driverís license and proof of insurability.
Obtain certificate of completion for Cal/OSHA high voltage electric safety and operation training as required.
Information and Application Process Instructions
Please visit the Districtís Employment Opportunities website at https://jobs.socccd.edu for a detailed job description, to learn more about the District and to complete an on-line application. †
NOTICE TO ALL CANDIDATES FOR EMPLOYMENT: The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Public Law 99-603, requires that employers obtain documentation from every new employee which authorizes that individual to accept employment in this country.†
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within the South Orange County Community College District and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...