Faculty Position in Sports Administration
About Belhaven University:
Belhaven University, a Christian university committed to the ministry of integrating biblical truth and learning, is searching for the ideal candidate for a full-time, tenure track position in the Department of Sports Administration who has a heart for Christ Jesus and students at the Jackson campus.
Responsibilities include teaching undergraduate and graduate classes in traditional and online formats, faculty advising, and curriculum development for undergraduate and graduate classes in traditional and online formats. Some additional responsibilities might be required in the oversight of student internships, as well as administrative duties pertaining to accreditation issues.
Compensation and rank are commensurate with qualifications and experience. The University supplements major medical insurance. A 403b retirement plan is available for eligible employees to contribute pre-tax dollars with Belhaven University matching up to 8% of annual salary
Ph.D required, in Sports Administration/Management discipline or a related field. Field experience in Sports Administration is preferred. MBA is a plus.
Applicants must be able to fully support the University vision, mission and statement of faith and contribute to the spiritual and academic fellowship of the University.
- Letter of intent, including explanation of your interest in Christian higher education, and how your background fulfills each of the Responsibilities and Qualifications described above
- Three to four paragraph statement of how you would integrate the Biblical worldview into all instructional content
- Describe your personal faith in a non-creedal form
- Describe how you are active currently in a local church
- Names of four references (including your local pastor) - please provide phone numbers, addresses and nature of relationship
- Transcripts (all undergraduate and graduate)
- List any licenses or certifications
Executive Assistant to Sr. VP & Provost
1500 Peachtree Street, Campus Box 164
Jackson, MS 39202
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Belhaven University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com