Assistant Professor of Business Administration
Baltimore City Community College
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
- Candidates must be able to teach introductory and advanced business, economics and management courses in the Business Management Program
- Demonstrate a strong desire to excel inside and out of the classroom and provide ongoing support for student success.
- Based on Master Syllabus, design and teach assigned class session(s), leveraging digital content and multi-media resources in the classroom.
- Assess student engagement/understanding during each class session.
- Collect, grade and report assignments and homework.
- Assess and monitor student progress and understanding throughout the course.
- Remediate student’s lack of prerequisite knowledge.
- Offer content help through various means.
- Select course materials as they reflect the Master Syllabus.
- Place the syllabus, readings and homework on Blackboard.
- Maintain and update the syllabus and course materials.
- Set up online courses when relevant.
- Create new digital instruction materials.
- Exhibit a spirit of inquiry about teaching and learning, student development, and evaluation methods.
- Use evidence-based resources to improve and support teaching.
- Develop an area of expertise in the academic arena.
- Share teaching expertise with colleagues and others.
- Demonstrate integrity as a scholar.
- Provide required office hours.
- Effectively communicate with students via e-mail, phone or online discussion boards.
- Provide academic advice and guidance to students.
- Submit grades, on time, via the faculty portal.
- Manage incompletes and make-ups.
- Occasionally instruct Independent Study students for purpose of graduation.
- Participate in departmental events, student programs and related activities.
- May supervise Adjunct faculty.
- Maintain and update procedures/policies in relation to changes in federal regulations/requirements in conjunction with program faculty.
- Accept special assignments which may be required to maintain the quality and growth of the department.
- Assist in Academic registration of students in discipline area as assigned.
- Assume other duties as assigned by the department chair.
This position typically works indoors in a standard classroom/lab environment, generally free from hazardous or unpleasant physical conditions. Work involves observance of safety precautions typical of modern classroom/lab settings. The work environment is highly diverse and demands a high level of cultural competence in interpersonal communications and interactions.
The work entails sitting for extended periods and frequently standing, walking, bending, stooping and reaching. Work requires eye-hand coordination, manual dexterity, near vision acuity, and the ability to see and read printed material and computer screens. Duties involve oral, written, electronic and telephonic communication; typing, and lifting and transporting supplies/materials.
Minimum Education and Training Requirements:
- Master’s degree in Business
- 3 years of teaching experience, preferably in a Community College
- Demonstrated and documented excellence in teaching
- Experience working in multi-cultural, community setting.
- Knowledge of and adherence to professional protocol.
- Excellent and effective English language proficiency, oral, written and interpersonal communication.
- Knowledge and experience in writing and designing Student Learning Outcomes and Assessment.
- Academically qualified per ACBSP standards in the field of management with teaching experience (in multiple formats).
Information and Application Process Instructions
Why Work at BCCC?
Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a crossroads of diverse peoples, of learning and work, and the multiplicity of stakeholders we serve: individuals, businesses, government and educational institutions of the community at large.
Our employees enjoy a collegial environment that is both challenging and welcoming. We stay innovative as we strive to be the leader in providing quality education that responds to and meets the needs of a diverse population of learners. Students come here to change their lives through education.
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Applications: Please apply online.
Explore this and other current employment opportunities at BCCC by visiting the search openings listed at Baltimore City Community College jobs
When inquiring or applying for this position, please reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within Baltimore City Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...