Customer Care Professional (Fixed Term)Santa Clara University
Department: Business Graduate Programs
Fixed Term End Date: 06/30/2018
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Standard Hours (hours per week): 40
Work as part of the Graduate Business Programs team to provide quality customer service, interacting with office staff and others across University to ensure a high level of service at all times, while exemplifying the professional standards of the Graduate Business School. Represent the Graduate Business Programs by phone and in person to students, faculty, administration, and alumni and ensure efficient and responsive office environment. Runs the front desk of the Graduate Business Programs Office and meets with MBA and MS students as needed.
HOURS: Monday - Thursday 10:30 a.m. - 7:30 p.m. and Friday 9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. Occasional weekend hours.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Exceptional Customer Service Support
- Receive, document, and resolve customer questions, comments, and requests in a timely manner.
- Professionally handle incoming requests from customers and ensure that issues are resolved both promptly and thoroughly.
- Document all customer interactions through contact tracking.
- Manage GBP Customer Service Survey.
- Support all GBP and non-degree students with information, referrals and services.
- Understand LSB graduate programs and operations in order to provide knowledge support to students, faculty, and alumni.
- Submit department Facilities requests through AiM
- Maintain and request office supplies
- Manages the front desk for the Graduate Business Programs Office
2. Develop and implement best practices and processes to increase efficiency and customer satisfaction
- Keep a close eye on student experience and relay feedback to GBP office.
- Continuously evaluate and identify opportunities to drive process improvements that positively impact the customer's experience.
- Report to GBP staff regarding changes, potential challenges, and student concerns.
3. Provide administrative support for GBP staff
- Manage GBP calendars on-line, scheduling appointments and overall staff planning for Academic Support and Records, Student Life, Special Programs and Career Management staff.
- Support Senior Assistant Dean and Directors as needed with research projects.
- Schedule meetings as needed.
- Attend to miscellaneous correspondence and determine which department/staff member can best respond.
- Attend and assist with on-campus events as needed and directed by the Sr. Assistant Dean.
- Coordinates Senior Assistant Dean's calendar.
- Maintain a central clearing house for Graduate Business Programs communications.
- Maintain/Update Marketing and Program Information.
- Update/fill/stock materials in Program racks and overall collateral.
- Collect newly published materials for all Programs for display and reference.
- Inventory, order, and maintain office supplies including stationary.
- Handle facilities requests related to the Office suite.
- Develop and maintain office procedures files.
- Handle GBP US Mail activities.
4. Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of general office computer software including MS Windows, MS Office (particular emphasis on Excel, Word and Power Point, experience with Publisher a plus), and gmail (sites experience preferred) as well as SCU software including PeopleSoft (financials, student, and purchasing), Astra, Camino, AiM, Bon Appetit, Concur, as well as a willingness to learn Google Sites, CommonSpot Web Publishing and Raiser's Edge. Willingness to learn latest technology.
- Understanding and support of the Jesuit tradition of education and commitment to the fundamental values of service to others, community and diversity.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven organizational skills
- This position requires the ability to effectively establish and maintain cooperative working relationships within a diverse multicultural environment, working with students, alumni, donors, faculty, staff, vendors, and external contacts.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends as needed to support Graduate Business programming.
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate and manage tasks independently and effectively.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated, with a positive attitude and good sense of humor
- Able to effectively prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced team environment
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelors degree preferred
- 1-3 years experience in an office environment including some event/logistical coordination
Salary Information: $20.65 per hour
Information and Application Process Instructions
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants
Fixed-term positions are contingent on continued availability of work and funding, and are at-will. Your at-will employment status means you or Santa Clara University (the “University”) may terminate your employment, with or without cause, and with or without notice.
Santa Clara University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, committed to excellence through diversity and inclusion, and, in this spirit, particularly welcomes applications from women, persons of color, and members of historically underrepresented groups. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected category in accordance with applicable law. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability.
Santa Clara University annually collects information about campus crimes and other reportable incidents in accordance with the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. To view the Santa Clara University report, please go to the Campus Safety Services website. To request a paper copy please call Campus Safety at (408) 554-4441. The report includes the type of crime, venue, and number of occurrences.
About Santa Clara University
Santa Clara University is a comprehensive Jesuit, Catholic university located in California's Silicon Valley, offering its 8,800 students rigorous undergraduate curricula in arts and sciences, business, and engineering, plus master's, Ph.D., and law degrees.
Santa Clara University does not sponsor work visas for staff positions. If hired, individuals must independently provide proof of their eligibility to work in the United States.
Click Here To Apply
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Santa Clara University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please apply online
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...