Instructor/Assistant Professor, Accounting
Anne Arundel Community College
Position Summary: With learning as its central mission, Anne Arundel Community College (AACC) has responded to the needs of a diverse community for more than 50 years by offering high quality, affordable and accessible learning opportunities. Established in 1961, AACC is a fully-accredited, public, two-year institution that offers national and regional studies that lead to a degree or certificate, industry credential, transfer to a four-year institution, or career enhancement, personal enrichment and lifelong learning. The college's nationally recognized and award-winning programs help about 49,000 students annually achieve their academic, professional and personal goals.
Anne Arundel Community College has a student body of over 49,000 credit, non-credit, certificate and professional students, including 33 percent of students of color and 1,560 international students from 77 countries.
Located in Anne Arundel County, Maryland near historic Annapolis, home to the U.S. Naval Academy, AACC is conveniently located just minutes from Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport and downtown Baltimore and is not far from Washington, D.C. Bordering the beautiful Chesapeake Bay, the county has 437 miles of waterfront.
AACC is committed to supporting and sustaining a diverse and inclusive educational and work environment. Diversity is not merely a goal but a value that is embedded throughout the institution in multiple areas including, but not limited to: teaching, learning, student success, workplace effectiveness, and engagement in partnerships with local and global communities.
Faculty members are expected to serve on department, school and college committees; advise students; engage in professional development activities; and participate in community and business partnerships, research and grant opportunities. Faculty will use technology and learning outcomes assessment to enhance classroom teaching and demonstrate commitment to innovation and teaching excellence. College teaching experience is preferred.
In a continuing effort to enrich its academic environment and provide equal educational and employment opportunities, the College seeks exceptional teaching faculty who represent a diversity of thought and experience.
The School of Business and Law seeks a full-time Instructor/Assistant Professor to teach for the Business Administration Department who is committed to the ideals of community college education and is eager to join an innovative, highly professional faculty. A proven ability to teach college-level accounting and finance courses and current experience with a range of computer applications in accounting and statistics is required. Additionally, excellence in oral, written and interpersonal communication skills is expected. Teaching assignments of 15 faculty load hours per semester to primarily include courses in Financial and Managerial Accounting. Additionally, the candidate will be expected to teach at least one upper level accounting course per semester (Intermediate, Tax, Cost, Audit or Governmental). In addition to instructional responsibilities, the faculty member will have a major role in curriculum development, assessment strategies, outcomes measurement, special events, partnerships, and academic advising. Rank and salary are dependent on qualifications
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Anne Arundel Community College is guided by principles that emphasize student success, especially in learning, and continuous improvement to maintain a progressive and vital learning community. AACC is a premier learning organization that is at the forefront of community college education. As such, faculty will:
- deliver instruction in a variety of formats;
- integrate learning outcomes assessment techniques in instructional planning, curriculum design and teaching activities;
- apply technology to the teaching and learning process;
- collaborate in flexible, imaginative problem-solving; and
- integrate interdisciplinary and global perspectives into curricula.
While faculty work of 30 faculty load hours per academic year includes primary responsibilities for teaching and assessing learning and for college, school and department service, advising, and professional development, the college seeks to break the frame that traditionally surrounds faculty assignments. In conjunction with their primary responsibilities, and in various combinations, faculty will:
- mentor students, including those students from specific target groups,
- mentor new full-time faculty and part-time faculty;
- design, format and deliver curriculum in a variety of formats;
- train and consult for workforce initiatives (e.g., for public and corporate partners, etc.);
- develop and implement community education and extended learning programs;
- partner with colleagues to enhance services to students and the community through recruitment and marketing, advising, retention strategies and activities;
- strengthen relations and collaborative activities with K-12 and baccalaureate-granting institutions;
- work with “at-risk” populations; and
- develop multicultural educational environments that affirm the value of cultural diversity.
- Active Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and a Master’s degree
- Experience teaching college-level accounting courses
- Three years of experience in teaching business administration; and/or conducting professional development training courses
- Demonstrated ability to teach upper-level accounting courses
- Experience in assessment, curriculum development, and/or curriculum design
- Demonstrated experience in delivering instruction in non-traditional setting using various delivery modes
- Intermediate computer skills using Microsoft Office, Social Media and the Internet
- Ability to work flexible hours and locations, including some weekends and evenings as needed
For more information or to apply, please visit https://aacc.hiretouch.com
Anne Arundel Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Anne Arundel Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com