Program Assistant I/II, Early College Programs and Partnerships
Anne Arundel Community College
With learning as its central mission, Anne Arundel Community College has responded to the needs of a diverse community for more than 50 years by offering high quality, affordable and accessible learning opportunities. Established in 1961, AACC is a fully-accredited, public two-year institution that offers national and regional studies that can lead to a degree or certificate, industry credential, transfer to a four-year institution, or career enhancement, personal enrichment and lifelong learning.
The Program Assistant is responsible for supporting early college programs and partnerships including assisting with the implementation, data tracking and reporting, and promotion of dual enrollment, proficiency credit, program articulation, and program pathways. The Program Assistant works with a diverse group of individuals including students, instructors, staff, and administrators from the college, public schools, and community. The Program Assistant is responsible for performing clerical, technical, and administrative functions to support enrollment, data analysis, and promotion of early college programs.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Perform daily administrative duties to support the implementation and enhancement of early college programs including processing and tracking student requests and coordinating the details and logistics of Anne Arundel Community College (AACC) offerings onsite at Anne Arundel County Public Schools (AACPS) high schools.
Prepare correspondences and agreements, update and maintain presentations, and provide clerical support to departmental staff.
Support daily operations associated with program and course delivery including coordinating the delivery of online content as appropriate.
Provide administrative support for early college initiatives including collecting, inputting data into databases and spreadsheets, and reporting data pertaining to enrollment, grades, and courses.
Collaborate with both AACC and AACPS faculty and staff to promote a unified approach to program delivery including creating, updating, and maintaining secondary-postsecondary plans of study.
Support departmental and school-wide efforts to promote educational partnerships assisting with the creation and distribution of printed and electronic materials, updating websites, assisting with outreach and training events, and interfacing with prospective/potential students, community organizations, and AACC and AACPS faculty and staff.
Other Duties as assigned by Director, Early College Programs and Partnerships.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- For the Assistant I level, a minimum of one (1) year of administrative support experience in a business or educational environment is required. For the Assistant II level, a minimum of three (3) years of experience is required.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint at an intermediate level.
- Strong customer service and problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral, written communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive environment and the ability to deal tactfully with all internal and external constituents.
- Ability to function with minimal supervision with attention to details and deadlines including the ability to work a flexible schedule and travel to accommodate the needs of the program.
- This position requires the ability to work in a fast-paced setting handling multiple complex tasks simultaneously.
- Associates degree or higher preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Access.
Hours Per Week: 40
For more information or to apply, please visit https://aacc.hiretouch.com
Anne Arundel Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Anne Arundel Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com