Vice President Academic
Medicine Hat College
Medicine Hat College is seeking a strong innovative and visionary leader, committed to shared leadership and a team spirited approach to fill the position of Vice-President, Academic.
Reporting to the President and CEO, and as a member of the college’s executive team, the Vice-President will have the expertise to lead the academic portfolios of Arts, Education & Business, Science & Health, Trades & Technology, as well as, Library & Information Technology Services, and Teaching & Learning. Utilizing an Appreciative Inquiry approach, the Vice-President will provide leadership, management and guidance in college-wide program planning and development processes.
As an executive leader of the College this position is responsible for promoting a positive public image, cultivating college contacts with appropriate individuals and organizations in order to maintain an awareness of current institutional trends and developments resulting in a future - healthy organization.
- Doctorate Degree required from a recognized accredited institution with a reputation for academic quality and focus on student success.
- Ten years’ experience in an academic and administrative environment.
With demonstrated experience in the following areas:
- Demonstrated academic, applied research and innovation, and administrative leadership skills.
- Strategic, practical leader with strong knowledge of future trends and how to operationalize them into relevant programs and services in an education/student centered environment.
- Active collaborator and inclusive leader who creates high performing teams, builds cross functional relationships, sets clear expectations, establishes measurable goals, supports career development and growth and accepts accountability.
- Excellent communicator who is comfortable and confident in interacting with diverse groups.
- Leader with strong business and financial acumen in a post-secondary institution.
- Flexible team member who responds to complex situations, changing priorities and diverse opinions with sound judgement, tact, transparency, and supports the decisions of the executive team.
- Ability to recognize and explore opportunities and partnerships while working with external stakeholders.
Medicine Hat is a dynamic, growing community of nearly 100 thousand people located in the surrounding communities in Southeastern Alberta. The “Oasis of the Prairies” offers outstanding cultural and recreational facilities, an excellent school system, and affordable housing. Medicine Hat College is the educational and cultural focal point of the community, offering university transfer programs, collaborative degrees, business, education, visual and communication arts, health studies, trades, technology, and continuing education classes.
Known for our focus on students - and our innovative and collaborative nature – Medicine Hat College proudly serves over 8,000 learners each year. Committed to the communities of southeastern Alberta, Medicine Hat College is a learner focused provider of quality education, training, and services. Operating in an Appreciative Inquiry environment, with a culture of excellence and numerous benefits, the College is a great place to work, learn and grow. MHC is a proud member of Campus Alberta and welcomes partnership to benefit our students and communities. To learn more visit www.mhc.ab.ca.
Information and Application Process Instructions
Please submit a cover letter quoting Competition #118013 to HR@mhc.ab.ca with your resume and the names of three references.
Resume review will begin September 18, 2017, however, this competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Medicine Hat College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers-Canada.com or www.AcademicCareers.com or www.UniversityJobsCanada.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...