Director, English Language Learning and Adult Education
Anne Arundel Community College
With learning as its central mission, Anne Arundel Community College has responded to the needs of a diverse community for more than 50 years by offering high quality, affordable and accessible learning opportunities. Established in 1961, AACC is a fully-accredited, public two-year institution that offers national and regional studies that can lead to a degree or certificate, industry credential, transfer to a four-year institution, or career enhancement, personal enrichment and lifelong learning.
The Director of English Language Learning and Adult Education is responsible for the day-to-day management and strategic direction of programming in English as a Second Language and Adult Basic Education at various locations throughout Anne Arundel County. The Director also plays a critical role in fostering relationships with key partners at a local and regional level and acts as a liaison for the College for programs and strategies related to the Workforce Investment Opportunity Act (WIOA).
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of programming in English as a Second Language and Adult Basic Education at various locations throughout Anne Arundel County.
- Manage over 1 million dollars in grant, enterprise and operating budgets.
- Develop annual budget recommendations and allocate, monitor and control assigned program budgets.
- Supervise staff of 21 personnel and approximately 70 - 90 adjunct faculty instructors at multiple locations throughout Anne Arundel County. Direct a mix of full-time permanent staff, contract employees, and hourly and work-study staff.
- Supervise staff hiring, training, performance management and career development as well as evaluation and training of faculty in all programs within the department.
- Monitor and analyze enrollment, head-count, and FTE for all departmental programs on a weekly basis and adjust marketing and course offerings as needed to maximize enrollment and FTE for the college.
- Continually evaluate enrollment at offsite locations and negotiate community partnership agreements for additional space as needed. Redirect funding from sites with low enrollment to other sites with waiting lists as needed.
- Act as a liaison between the college and the partners in the American Job Center on issues related to WIOA.
- Oversee daily operation of the Sales and Service Training Center (SSTC) and the provision of classes at the Mount Olive Community Life Center.
- Provide content and program support to the college community on all issues related to English as a Second Language and Adult Basic Education.
- Masterís degree in Business, Education or related field required.
- Five years of experience in supervision and management.
- Five years of experience demonstrating progressive responsibility for developing, implementing and managing instructional programs for adult learners
- Two years of experience in fiscal planning, analysis and budget management to meet stated goals.
- Two years of experience in analyzing data and trends to make strategic programming decisions.
- Strong computer skills, including working knowledge of MS Office, as well as excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse, multicultural populations and ability to work effectively and tactfully with students, instructors, staff, community representatives, government agencies and the public.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evening and weekend hours and to travel throughout Anne Arundel County to off-campus instructional sites and to represent the program as needed.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For more information or to apply, please visit https://aacc.hiretouch.com
Anne Arundel Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Anne Arundel Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com