Interim Dean, Business and Technology
West Valley-Mission Community College District
Closing Date: 8/23/2017
Mission College is seeking a talented leader to fill the position of Interim Dean, for the division of Business and Technology.
The purpose of this position is to plan, organize, direct and coordinate the activities of college instructional and student services programs in an assigned division or divisions, including career, transfer and non-credit curricula and programs; to coordinate activities with other district departments; and to provide highly complex staff assistance to an assigned Vice President.
Located in the heart of Silicon Valley, our staff and faculty are among the most qualified in the state and our students appreciate the college for its friendly staff and supportive atmosphere. Applicants who possess the knowledge, skills, and life experiences to address the cultural and educational needs of a culturally diverse student population are encouraged to apply.
100% of full time, 40 hours per week, to begin as soon as possible. Schedule may change to include some evening or weekend hours, as needed. This position is an Educational Administrator and part of the Administrative employee unit. This interim position is expected to extend through June 30, 2018, or until filled.
Work Location: Mission College, Santa Clara, CA
Salary and Benefits:
Anticipated Hiring Range:
- $125,345 annually (Administrative Salary Schedule, Range 25, Step A).
- Employer-contributed medical, dental and vision for employee, spouse and/or dependents.
- Employer-paid long term disability for employee.
- Voluntary life insurance.
- 13 paid holidays, plus 1 floating holiday annually; paid non-workdays between Christmas and New Year.
- 22 days vacation leave accrued annually.
- 12 days sick leave accrued annually.
- Personal necessity leave and personal business leave.
- CalSTRS retirement.
Any combination of experience and education that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and abilities would be:
1. Understanding of, and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
2. Equivalent to a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in education or a field related to specific area of assignment.
3. Five years of increasingly responsible experience in instruction at a college level; including two years of administrative and management responsibility.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop and implement department goals, objectives, policies, and procedures.
- Plan, organize and direct instructional and student support programs, services, and initiatives relative to area of assignment.
- Direct, oversee, and participate in the development of the department work plan; assign work activities, projects and programs; monitor workflow; review and evaluate work products, methods, and procedures.
- Prepare the department budget; assist in budget implementation; participate in the forecast of additional funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies; administer the approved budget.
- Recommend the appointment of faculty and staff; provide or coordinate staff training; conduct performance evaluations; implement discipline procedures as required; monitor faculty contracts to assure accordance with association contract and district policies; maintain discipline and high standards necessary for the efficient and professional operation of the department.
- Oversee the accurate development, approval and implementation of college curriculum; participate in the coordination, preparation, publication, and distribution of the college catalog and schedule of classes.
- Ensure instructional programs and support services are regularly assessed for evidence of student learning and achievement, particularly in terms of student outcomes and adherence to standards of accreditation; participate in developing and implementing enrollment performance goals.
- Manage and oversee functions associated with area of assignment, which may include library, tutorial center, and instructional support labs.
- Initiate, support and participate in efforts to secure local, state or federal grant funding for college programs and services; ensure that grants are implemented according to approved plans and that reporting requirements are met in a timely manner.
- Represent the department and division to outside agencies and organizations; participate in outside community and professional groups and committees; provide technical assistance as necessary.
- Research and prepare technical and administrative reports; prepare written correspondence.
- Coordinate the selection, use, and maintenance of equipment and facilities assigned to the division.
- Plan and coordinate course schedules in response to the needs of students and within the district’s enrollment targets; manage enrollment to maximize use of faculty loads, operating budgets, and space resources.
- May oversee revenue-generating classes, programs, and activities.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other district employees and the public using principles of good customer service.
- Foster an environment that embraces diversity, integrity, trust, and respect.
- Be an integral team player, which involves flexibility, cooperation, and communication.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
For more information on this position and to apply, please visit our website at the following link: wvm.peopleadmin.com
Information and Application Process Instructions
- Applicants who, due to a disability, require accommodations to complete the application, testing or interview process, please contact Human Resources at (408) 741–2174 to arrange for assistance.
West Valley-Mission Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within the West Valley-Mission Community College District and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...