Administrative Assistant - Health Professions
Baltimore City Community College
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
Overview of position:
- Responsibilities in both instruction and/or clinical coordination. Duties involve organizing and providing educational experiences leading to student credentialing and gainful employment as a Surgical Technologist, establishing program admission criteria, recruitment of students, instruction in the clinical curriculum, and application and maintaining accreditation status, or other technical terms
- Provide leadership in ensuring, through faculty evaluation, that instructional quality is being maintained and that program standards are followed
- Provide leadership in the development and evaluation of assessment testing and placement in your program if required
- Provide leadership to develop and/or deliver lecture content on a variety of Health Information Technology topics. Revise curricula to reflect the hospital industry’s expectations for entry level practitioners
- Develop, and when necessary, revise existing curriculum to reflect currency in the Health Information Technology accreditation standards
- Provide lab and/or clinical instruction for Health Information Technology; leadership in preparing program course schedules for fall, spring, and summer sessions, online and other delivery formats
- With the program faculty, procure clinical placement for students, and evaluate the effectiveness of the same to ensure successful student outcomes
- Assist in maintaining appropriate inventory of surgical supplies for laboratory instruction
- Responsible for organization, administration, continuous review, planning, development, and general effectiveness of clinical experiences for students enrolled in the Health Information Technology Program.
- Plan and implement retention strategies to increase enrollment in the Health Information Technology program
- Coordinate with the Associate Dean teaching assignments for full-time and adjunct faculty for their program; and, assist Associate Dean with the recruitment, hiring, training, and mentoring of full-time and adjunct faculty within your program
- Participate in required faculty and department meetings, as well as meetings of college committees and Advisory Board of the program
- Perform other additional duties as agreed by the Associate Dean
Employees in this classification receive supervision from the Associate Dean of Health Professions
- Sitting in a normal seated position for extended periods of time
- Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction
- Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects, medical, and simulation equipment with fingers and whole hand(s) and arms
- Communication skills using the spoken word
- Ability to see within normal parameters
- Ability to hear within normal range
- Ability to move about
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) AND/OR Bachelor’s degree in a related field;
- Three years of work experience in medical coding, billing, records management, and/or IT/IS
- Master’s degree
- Absent a Master’s degree, the faculty member will be required to develop and follow a plan to earn a Master’s degree
- Previous teaching experience is highly desirable
- Experience with curriculum development, using instructional technology, and distance learning is preferred
Information and Application Process Instructions
Why Work at BCCC?
Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a crossroads of diverse peoples, of learning and work, and the multiplicity of stakeholders we serve: individuals, businesses, government and educational institutions of the community at large.
Our employees enjoy a collegial environment that is both challenging and welcoming. We stay innovative as we strive to be the leader in providing quality education that responds to and meets the needs of a diverse population of learners. Students come here to change their lives through education.
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Applications: Please apply online.
Explore this and other current employment opportunities at BCCC by visiting the search openings listed at Baltimore City Community College jobs
When inquiring or applying for this position, please reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within Baltimore City Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...