Job Title goes here
Otis College of Art and Design
Otis College of Art and Design is currently accepting applications for a Department Assistant. The Department Assistant performs administrative duties and processes budget transactions for an academic or administrative unit. This position reports directly to the Chair of Product Design.
• Monitors budgets and helps track departmental expenditures. May assist in developing budget projections and proposals. Reconciles statements and pays invoices. Interfaces with Purchasing, external vendors, and/or the Business Office to verify transactions, resolve discrepancies, and maintain an adequate inventory of supplies.
• Organizes and expedites flow of work through the department. Initiates follow-up action. Screens and prioritizes incoming calls. Responds to inquiries or requests for information or refers to supervisor, as appropriate.
• Performs administrative duties associated with scheduling and coordinating meetings and planning special events. May prepare agendas, gather and organize supporting information/supplies, track expenditures, and/or oversee production and distribution of materials. May arrange with vendors for services, site, facilities, catering, guest accommodations, travel arrangements, etc. Attends functions to ensure satisfactory outcome.
• Collects payroll paperwork for faculty, staff, and/or students. Interfaces with Human Resources and Payroll to resolve problems. Ensures confidentiality and controls access to sensitive information such as faculty contracts, staff records, and other departmental files.
• Prepares, processes, and/or reviews paperwork (i.e., faculty contracts, evaluations, department orders, check requests, requisitions, etc.) May prepare and process travel advances, cash advances, and reimbursements for faculty and/or staff. May track equipment purchases and obtain maintenance contracts.
• Composes and produces a variety of business correspondence, reports, confidential documents and/or forms, and related materials.
• Serves as an internal resource and liaison to faculty, administrators, staff, and/or students. Researches and gathers data/information, as requested. Maintains currency on revisions to department and/or College policies and procedures.
• Maintains departmental records. Enters and/or verifies data entered into a centralized system.
• May help maintain department’s website including content, graphical and multimedia displays and communications. Tests, maintains, and ensures functionality of links. Monitors website for consistency and compliance with College standards.
• May supervise student workers. Provides guidance and direction. Schedules, assigns or prioritizes workloads. Approves timesheets. Sets appropriate deadlines as needed.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Interested candidates must apply via Otis’ website at https://otis.simplehire.com to be considered for the position.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Otis College of Art and Design and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com