Assistant/Associate Professor in Educational Leadership (Ed.D)
The Division of Education at Molloy College invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track faculty position at the rank of assistant or associate professor to begin in the 2018-2019 academic year. An offer of employment is contingent upon budget approval.
Molloy College, an independent Catholic college based in Rockville Centre, was founded in 1955. The College serves a student population of approximately 4,500 undergraduate and graduate students. Molloy students can earn degrees in a variety of outstanding academic programs, including nursing, business, education, social work, music therapy and many more.
The Educational Leadership for Diverse Learning Communities doctoral program is designed to prepare educators, school and district administrators and related education professionals, and future professors in schools of education for instructional leadership roles that embrace diversity, social justice and equity. There is a documented need for this type of program on Long Island, particularly in regards to students with diverse learning needs, students with disabilities, and English language learners.
The program is cohort-based and consists of three years of coursework delivered in a blended format followed by the dissertation development sequence.
Required Qualifications (All applicants must):
- An Ed.D. or Ph.D. in education with a concentration in educational research or a closely related field from an accredited institution earned prior to 2010
- Have a depth and breadth of knowledge of educational research
- Evidence of successfully teaching doctoral level research courses for a minimum of three years
- Evidence of successfully using technology to teach graduate or postgraduate level online/blended courses for a minimum of two years
- Possess effective interpersonal skills – able to work with diverse, adult populations in academic and professional working relationships
- Have a record of scholarship and research in the discipline
- Experience with advising and serving on doctoral dissertation committees
Preferred Qualifications (Preference will be given to candidates with):
- Evidence of knowledge, skills, and experience in teaching/training leadership
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Experience in an educational leadership position
- Established research agenda as evidenced by recent peer-reviewed publications and conference presentations
- Active participation in academic/professional organizations
Please send application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
or mail to:
Human Resources Department, Molloy College,
1000 Hempstead Avenue,
Rockville Centre, NY 11571
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Molloy College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com