Student Services Assistant I/II
Anne Arundel Community College
With learning as its central mission, Anne Arundel Community College has responded to the needs of a diverse community for more than 50 years by offering high quality, affordable and accessible learning opportunities. Established in 1961, AACC is a fully-accredited, public two-year institution that offers national and regional studies that can lead to a degree or certificate, industry credential, transfer to a four-year institution, or career enhancement, personal enrichment and lifelong learning
The Student Services Assistant I/II assists in providing comprehensive customer service in person, via telephone, email and on-line chat in a call center environment. The Student Services Assistant I/II is responsible for providing general assistance in enrollment intake, registration, records retention functions and financial aid to students and staff promptly, courteously and accurately.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use available databases to retrieve and disseminate information such as class availability and location and provide accurate information regarding Records and Registration, Admissions and Enrollment Development, Financial Aid, CARS, Weekend You and general college information.
- Assist callers to transact business with the college by providing accurate information, or instructions. Establish rapport with customers and respond to requests for information in an efficient, timely manner.
- Assist with assignments, activities, projects associated with the departments hosting of the annual AACC College Fair.
- Assist customers in diagnosing and identifying resolution of problems.
- Transact business with the college on behalf of the caller as appropriate, using a full array of college information systems. Confirm status of in-process transactions for customers, such as transcript requests, financial aid status or registration. Assist students in making advising appointments via Oasis.
- Meet and exceed assigned individual service level goals for call and web chat handling.
- Participate in ongoing training programs.
- Respond to inquiries and requests for assistance by providing courteous and accurate responses to questions in person and on the telephone. Consistently provide excellent customer service.
- Participate in monitoring and coaching activities to improve personal skills and to achieve Enrollment Services goals.
- Assist customers in identifying the appropriate college respondent for their inquiry and facilitate a direct contact via transfer, voice mail or e-mail.
- Assist students with various requests via web chat services.
- Mail or fax information requested by callers, including college program information, maps and forms.
- Act as liaison to customers for the offices of Admissions and Enrollment Development, Records and Registration, CARS and Financial Aid.
- Contact students and applicants via telephone to provide information or make inquiries.
- Work on special projects as assigned by the Director, Student Information and Visitor Programs.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a sedentary, structured setting, with established goals, procedures and policies, i.e., a minimum of six hours daily answering calls or inquiries.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate fluctuating staffing levels and the needs of the Enrollment Services Division.
- Ability to deal effectively and tactfully with students and the public.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and general Internet experience.
- To be hired as an Assistant I-a minimum of one (1) year customer service related training or experience required.
- To be hired as an Assistant II a minimum of two (2) years of demonstrated ability and experience in a customer service environment required.
- Associates degree preferred.
- Call center experience preferred.
- Ability to interact with a variety of faculty, staff and students from diverse backgrounds
Hours Per Week: 40
Monday-Thursday 12 noon-8:00 p.m. & Friday 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.; Saturday 9:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. (alternating)
For more information or to apply, please visit https://aacc.hiretouch.com
Anne Arundel Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Anne Arundel Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com