Social Media Coordinator
Anne Arundel Community College
With learning as its central mission, Anne Arundel Community College has responded to the needs of a diverse community for more than 50 years by offering high quality, affordable and accessible learning opportunities. Established in 1961, AACC is a fully-accredited, public two-year institution that offers national and regional studies that can lead to a degree or certificate, industry credential, transfer to a four-year institution, or career enhancement, personal enrichment and lifelong learning.
Anne Arundel Community College’s Social Media Coordinator has a passion for social media and storytelling with the proven ability to engage and strengthen relationships with key audiences (e.g. students, faculty, staff, alumni, community members, business and community partners, etc.). The Social Media Coordinator develops, administers and evaluates the college's official social media presence across various platforms, and is responsible for creating original content and integrating content efforts in keeping with the college's goals, vision and strategic plan. This position also works collaboratively with students and internal teams throughout the college, as well as other members of the Public Relations and Marketing (PRM) department, to develop and support college-wide branding, initiatives and campaigns, including individual school and program objectives, as needed.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as primary coordinator/facilitator of the college's social media efforts, including developing a comprehensive strategy and implementing day-to-day tactics; and collaborates with other department administrators to ensure ongoing, effective social media program. Works with outside vendors as needed.
- As part of the strategy, ensure social media fits within emergency planning and communicates appropriate message(s). Serve as part of the college’s Emergency Response Team.
- Monitor social media and web for media stories or breaking news that affects college operations, mentions of the college and its key stakeholders, and feedback from students and community members. Alert and advise response for relevant college stakeholders.
- Create digital content (written copy, stories, photos and videos) for the college’s website and social media platforms.
- Work closely with internal partners and PRM staff to identify online communications opportunities and craft strategies that include use of a variety of digital media, cultivating strong relationships by providing targeted strategic counsel.
- Assist individual schools and departments in creating social media strategies and setting up individual social media accounts in compliance with college social media standards; provide appropriate training and support and monitor all accounts.
- Attend a wide variety of college and student events and activities; take photos or short videos and conduct interviews to post on social media, website, etc.
- Provide social media training and support to college staff.
- Collaborate with the college's Information Services teams to ensure that all social media platforms are properly integrated with the college’s website and other related platforms for maximum efficiency and easier use.
- Track, collect, analyze and summarize data and prepare reports to evaluate results and effectiveness of social media and related communications; make recommendations for future adjustments/changes for greater effectiveness.
- Research and benchmark against best practices to continually refine and improve processes, strategies and results; regularly inform team members about online trends, techniques or technologies that are relevant to the college's public relations and marketing efforts.
- Monitor social media and web for media stories or breaking news that affects college operations, mentions of the college and its key stakeholders, and feedback from students and community members. Alert and advise response for relevant college stakeholders. Participate in emergency response for the college as needed.
- Manage the Public Relations areas of the college website and distribution of content produced by Public Relations throughout social media channels and the website.
- Other duties as assigned by Assistant Director or Executive Director.
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Minimum of three years experience with social media strategy including developing and implementing engaging social media campaigns.
- Proven experience with social media program and campaigns, including development and implementation of strategy and day-to-day tactics.
- Working knowledge and skills of online/digital marketing communications preferred.
- Strong research and analytical skills, including experience with Google Analytics, Facebook or other reporting sources; ability to identify trends and provide insights for development of social media strategy.
- Excellent writing and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven experience with visual storytelling, demonstrating strong photography and video skills and posting on appropriate social media channels.
- Ability to collaborate with internal marketing and production teams, as well as outside vendors and freelancers.
- Outstanding client relationship and customer service skills; strong negotiation and problem-solving skills; strong collaborator.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with attention to details and deadlines; demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to prioritize projects.
- Passion for continuously evolving social media environment.
- Excellent technical skills, including mobile and tablets; ability to learn and apply new technology innovations quickly.
- Experience with content management systems (e.g. uploading content to the web).
- Willingness to attend college and community events outside of normal business hours.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
For more information or to apply, please visit https://aacc.hiretouch.com
Anne Arundel Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Anne Arundel Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com