Deputy Director of SBDC (.500 FTE)
Lane Community College
Posting Number: 170101
Department /Division: Business Development Cntr & Empl Trng
- This is a 1/2 time, or .50 FTE position. Working schedule will vary based on student, division and college needs.
- Salary listed will be pro-rated at .500 FTE.
- This position will coordinate the provision of technical assistance to entrepreneurs seeking to launch, expand, stabilize or transition their small business in Lane County. The selected candidate will have robust project management experience, the ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks/demands, exceptional skills in managing complex multiple budgets, and successful experience within a fast-paced, demanding, team-oriented work environment.
- Position requires a team player who works harmoniously with staff, co-workers, peers, and managers and shares critical information with everyone involved to meet business objectives; works well under pressure, balancing tight deadlines and competing priorities.
- Unofficial or Official Transcripts are required for this position at the time of application. See instructions below.
- Ensure all experience dates and education is detailed so we fully understand your credentials.
- Lane is continuing to attract and retain a diverse student population. We are seeking qualified staff and educators to meet this need. Preferred candidates will be able to demonstrate and role model the principles and concepts of social justice in daily work.
Location: Downtown Campus
Position Type: Management
Anticipated Start Date: upon hire
Salary/Wage Range: $61,050 - $89,175 Annual Starting Salary Range Annually, (pro-rated at .500FTE) (Management Salary Band 4, Range B)
This is a part-time, 500 FTE position. The pro-rated annual salary is approximately
$30,525 – $44,857 based on credentials and experience.
In addition to salary, an excellent benefit package is provided. To view our comprehensive benefits and the Management Employee Working Agreement visit at www.lanecc.edu/hr. All employees are compensated through electronic direct deposit.
* The Management benefits package includes a generous contribution toward medical, dental and vision insurance, long term disability as well as paid sick leave and vacation time.
Grant Statement: This is a grant funded position, continuation is based on available funding.
Generally, Monday – Friday, Half-Time; Variable work hours based upon department needs; weekends, evenings and travel may be required
Position Status: Permanent
Annual Schedule: 260 Day (12 Month)
Posting Date: 07/27/2017
Closing Date: 08/27/2017
Applicant Pool: No
Open Until Filled: No
Master's degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Organizational Development or a related field.
Three (3) years of administrative experience are required.
- One (1) year of this required experience must be in one or more of the following areas: Continuing Education; Small Business Development Center; Customized Training/Professional Development; Entrepreneurship; Organizational Management or Leadership and Strategic Implementation (of products or services).
- An additional two (2) years management or administrative experience may be substituted for one (1) year of experience in Continuing Education, SBDC, Customized Training/Professional Development, Entrepreneurship; Organizational Management or Leadership and Strategic Implementation (of products or services).
Tell us specifically how you meet these qualifications in your cover letter.
- Doctoral degree in a related field
- Performance needs assessment
- Curriculum design & development
- Training and coaching experience
- Experience assisting business in the global environment, including import and export
- Grant writing and/or project development
- Higher education work experience
- Lead marketing initiatives
- Business ownership/Entrepreneurial experience
- Identify improvement opportunities for internal and external customers
Multicultural experience and bilingual proficiency in World languages is preferred.
A demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance the concepts of social justice and culturally competent behaviors is expected.
Equivalent combination of training and experience will be considered for meeting minimum qualifications.
Applicants are responsible to show how their personal training and experience would qualify them for the position.
Information and Application Process Instructions
Apply now at http://jobs.lanecc.edu/postings/8474
Lane Community College is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity / Veteran / Disabled Employer embracing diversity. We encourage a safe and hospitable environment for women, minority, veteran and disabled candidates.
- Lane actively recruits Veterans and those with Disabilities for all positions. For accommodations and questions call 541-463-5111 or 541-463-5586
- Veterans, please fax, e-mail, mail or deliver your documentation (DD214/DD215/letter of disability to Human Resources email@example.com, fax: 541-463-3970
How to monitor your application.
- Enter the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org into your safe sending list. Notifications will be sent toward the end of search process. Be sure to check your junk or spam mail accounts.
- Visit your Employment Opportunities account. The main page will show your status in the search. * See applicant instructions for how to apply. Positions close at 9:00 pm.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Lane Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Chair of the Search Committee
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Chair of the Search Committee
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...