Assistant Professor/Extension Agricultural Finance Specialist
Department of Agribusiness and Applied Economics
North Dakota State University
The successful candidate will be expected to lead a nationally recognized Extension program in agricultural finance and agribusiness financial management strategies. The program will focus on whole farm and agribusiness financial structure, farm financial risk management, investment analysis, machinery cost assessment, land values and rents, farm financial record analysis, farm financial trends and income tax management. Extension responsibilities include developing and delivering innovative Extension programs that enhance the knowledge and decision making of farm/ranch managers, agricultural lenders and agribusiness leaders regarding financial management analysis and strategies. The successful candidate is also expected to support farm bill education and analysis.
The primary clientele will be Extension agents, farm/ranch managers, agricultural lenders, agribusinesses, industry organizations and state and federal government agencies. Collaboration with Extension agents, other Agribusiness and Applied Economics faculty, colleagues in other agricultural disciplines and professional colleagues at regional and national levels is necessary. Applied research that supports the Extension program is expected. A successful specialist will generate extramural funding to support research activities and augment Extension programming.
The successful candidate reports to the Department Chair for Extension and research evaluations.
Minimum requirements include:
- An earned Ph.D. degree in Agricultural Economics, Agribusiness, Economics or related field;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and essential information technology skills;
- Academic training and/or experience in agriculture, agricultural finance and/or agribusiness;
- Familiarity with Extension programming;
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and in a team environment;
- Familiarity with Northern Plains agriculture;
Preferred qualifications include:
- Evidence of effective Extension programming and/or applied research;
- Experience in agricultural finance, farm/ranch or agribusiness management;
- Demonstrated ability to secure and administer external funds;
- Successful publication of Extension and/or research results in the popular press and professional journals;
- Experience in developing and delivering educational programs by media, such as video conferencing, audio/video web streaming or podcasting;
- Ability to obtain a valid driverís license.
Apply Here: http://jobs.ndsu.edu/postings/8328
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at North Dakota State University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com