HSI-STEM Transfer Alliance Coordinator Program Analyst
West Valley-Mission Community College District
Closing Date: 8/14/2017
The Department of HSI-STEM is seeking a talented individual to fill the position of Transfer Alliance Coordinator.
Mission College earned the Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) status last year, since our enrollment of Hispanic students reached 26% and continues to grow. Mission successfully competed for a “one-time call” for STEM focused proposals last fall, a $5.4 million award from the U.S. Department of Education, a grant known as the HSI STEMLink Project. Located in the heart of Silicon Valley, our staff and faculty are among the most qualified in the state and our students appreciate the college for its friendly staff and supportive atmosphere.
The purpose of this position is to perform specialized professional duties related to the activities and operations of an assigned program; to oversee the provision of program services to students and potential students; and to provide complex analytical support to an assigned supervisor.
Applicants who possess the knowledge, skills, and life experiences to address the cultural and educational needs of a culturally diverse student population are encouraged to apply.
100% of full time, 37.5 hours per week, 12 months per year, with anticipated start date of October 9, 2017. Schedule may change to include some evening or weekend hours, as needed. This position is a member of the West Valley-Mission Classified Employees Association (WVMCEA), Office, Technical & Business Services Employee Unit, in the Program Analyst classification.
Work Location: Mission College, Santa Clara, CA
Salary and Benefits:
Anticipated Hiring Range:
- $5,556–$6,077 monthly (Program Analyst classification, WVMCEA Salary Schedule, Range 67, Steps A-C).
- Employer-contributed medical, dental and vision for employee, spouse, and/or dependents.
- Employer-paid long term disability for employee.
- Voluntary life insurance.
- 13 paid holidays, plus 1 floating holiday annually; paid non-workdays between Christmas and New Year.
- 10 days vacation leave accrued annually; rate increases step-wise up to maximum 22 days vacation leave accrued annually.
- 12 days sick leave accrued annually.
- Personal necessity leave and personal business leave.
- Educational growth incentive program from $40 to $200 monthly.
- $500 longevity award annually after 10 years of service and $1,000 longevity award annually after 15 years of service.
- CalPERS retirement.
- Position is union affiliated with required dues.
Any combination of experience and education that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and abilities would be:
1. Understanding of, and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
Two years of responsible technical or professional experience in a student service oriented program at a college or university.
Equivalent to possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in business administration, public administration, social science, or a field related to specific area of assignment.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
Specific responsibilities under this position include creating STEM transfer pathways between Mission College and CSU East Bay and other 4 year schools, plus develop a Faculty Inquiry group between Mission and CSUEB faculty, along with Transfer “Bridge” events at Mission with CSUEB, bilingual or culturally inclusive.
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plan, organize, coordinate, and supervise day-to-day program operations and activities.
- Assist with development and implementation of program policies and procedures; develop work processes that facilitate attainment of established program goals and objectives.
- Compile and analyze data related to program participation and evaluation; oversee maintenance of effective student databases; prepare a variety of reports.
- Develop and deliver presentations, orientations, workshops, and other activities in support of the program; coordinate and conduct outreach and marketing activities.
- Assist and advise students and potential students in program related procedures; explain program regulations and policies.
- Coordinate assessments and placements of students into appropriate course levels; direct and facilitate curriculum revisions to ensure effective instruction.
- Communicate and liaison with faculty, staff, representatives of federal and state agencies, and other educational institutions to coordinate assigned programs and activities.
- Serve on advisory committees; negotiate and recommend appropriate determination of student eligibility related to compliance and regulation; research and maintain understanding of revisions or additions to pertinent regulations and legislation affecting program participants.
- Assist with the preparation and administration of annual program budgets; make recommendations regarding staffing, equipment and supplies; monitor budgets within program guidelines.
- Function as project manager for special projects as needed.
- May administer grants, including tracking expenses and complying with reporting requirements.
- Monitor student enrollment and academic progress to determine continued program eligibility.
- Recruit, hire, train, evaluate, and direct the work of assigned program instructors, staff and student workers.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other district employees, and the public using principles of good customer service.
- Foster an environment that embraces diversity, integrity, trust, and respect.
- Be an integral team player, which involves flexibility, cooperation, and communication.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Information and Application Process Instructions
- For more information on this position and to apply, please visit our website at the following link: wvm.peopleadmin.com
Applicants who, due to a disability, require accommodations to complete the application, testing or interview process, please contact Human Resources at (408) 741–2174 to arrange for assistance.
West Valley-Mission Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within the West Valley-Mission Community College District and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...