Dean, Usha Kundu, MD College of Health
University of West Florida
The Dean of the Usha Kundu, MD College of Health will lead a college consisting of the departments of Exercise Science and Community Health, Health Sciences and Administration, Medical Laboratory Sciences, Psychology, Public Health, and the School of Nursing.
The Dean will be responsible for all areas of college administration and operations, including but not limited to the coordination of academic programs, curricula, and accreditation; student recruitment, retention, and graduation; faculty and staff recruitment, retention, and evaluation; strategic budgeting and resource allocation; coordination of external fundraising, grants, and contracts; and management of facilities and equipment.
Responsible to: Provost
Strategic and Policy Planning
- Providing leadership in annual and long-term planning that is consistent with the University's Mission and the strategic goals and objectives of Division of Academic Affairs
- Carrying out he policies of the University, Academic Affairs, and the Usha Kundu, MD College of Health
Budget and Fiscal Management
- Formulating budgetary needs for the College
- Ensuring the careful and effective management of resources for the College
- Allocating resources in support of teaching, research, service, and advising within the College
- Developing entrepreneurial fundraising initiatives to meet College objectives, which include the development of external grants and contracts and the procurement of gifts
College and Programmatic Leadership
- Maintaining an environment that fosters and encourages distinguished teaching, scholarly and creative activities, service, and advising
- Achieving and maintaining accreditation, as appropriate, for programs in the College
- Actively encouraging the efforts of chairpersons and their faculties in creating innovative programs and activities, including those that are interdisciplinary in nature
- Coordinating the development of academic programs within the College
- Promoting the effective assessment of programs and student learning outcomes and the use of assessment in improving teaching and learning
Faculty Recruitment, Development and Evaluation
- Enhancing the quality of the College through the effective recruitment, retention, professional development, and evaluation of faculty and staff
- Enhancing the quality of the College through the effective recruitment, retention, and graduation of students
- Ensuring that all hiring is consistent with national, state, and University EEO/AA policies and procedures; ensuring that all employment actions and all student program and activity actions are consistent with national, state, and University policies and procedures related to individuals with disabilities; ensuring that interactions between and among faculty and students are free from sexual and racial bias and harassment
Communications to Internal and External Audiences
- Acting as spokesperson and advocate for the College to community, professional, governmental, funding, accrediting, and other agencies, institutions, or persons outside the University
- Representing the views of faculty and chairperson within the College to the Division of Academic Affairs in matters relating to the College and University
- Representing the views of Division of Academic Affairs to the Chairpersons and faculty of the College in matters relating to the College and University
- Promoting outreach to and collaboration with community healthcare partners
- An earned terminal degree in one of the disciplines represented in the College
- A record of excellence in teaching, scholarship, and service to qualify for appointment at the rank of tenured full professor within the College
- Significant administrative and supervisory experience
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and collegiality
- Strong leadership skills to address the challenges of Florida's performance-based funding model
- Experience with budget management and strategic planning
- Experience with professional program accreditation
- Experience with online education in health-related fields
- Experience with curriculum design, program assessment, and faculty development
- Experience with development and fundraising, with a proven ability to attract external support
- The ability to foster an open, creative, and collaborative environment within the College
- Commitment to active involvement and leadership in professional organizations at the local, state, and national level
Information and Application Process Instructions
Applicants must apply online at https://jobs.uwf.edu and should be prepared to attach a letter of application, Curriculum Vitae, and three professional references with contact information.
Annual salary for this position is commensurate with experience.
Preferred application deadline to apply August 31, 2017. Anticipated start date is January 2018.
The University of West Florida is an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Disabled/Veteran employer. Any individual who requires special accommodations to apply is requested to advise UWF by contacting the UWF Human Resources Department at 1-850-474-2694 (voice) or 1-850-857-6158 (TTY).
A criminal background check is required for successful candidates. E-Verify requirements may apply for employment in certain positions. All records submitted in support of employment applications may be subject to Florida public records law.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/753sf28cp2cjh99w
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the University of West Florida and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...