Program Outreach Specialist
South Orange County Community College District
Program Outreach Specialist, Categorical, full-time (one or more positions) Math Department
Job Close Date: 08/03/2017
Starting Salary at $5,049 monthly
The District offers a comprehensive package of insurance benefits to eligible employees, which includes medical and dental insurance, a vision-care plan, life insurance and dependent life coverage, accidental death and dismemberment coverage, and a long-term disability income-protection plan. All premiums are fully paid by the District. Mandatory retirement incentive is with California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS).
PLEASE NOTE: In order to be considered for this opening, you must apply through the District website at https://jobs.socccd.edu
Employment in this position is contingent on National Science Foundation categorical funding which is anticipated to continue until at least June 30, 2018.
Under direction from assigned supervisory or management staff, performs a variety of highly responsible and specialized duties related to participating in the planning, development, organization, coordination, and implementation of marketing, outreach, and retention programs, services, operations, and activities to recruit, assist, and retain community college students; assists in the selection and distribution of promotional and marketing materials related to outreach; provides matriculation, assessment, and guidance to current and potential college students; and ensures compliance with District and College policies and applicable state and federal laws and regulations related to College functions including outreach and matriculation.
This class is distinguished from similar classifications in that positions assigned to this class are categorically funded, not financed by District funds. Positions in the Program Outreach Specialist are distinguished from the Outreach Specialist by the responsibility for serving student subgroups who may be disproportionately impacted by college practices, programs, or services.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- Principles and procedures used in community college outreach and matriculation programs and services.
- Student recruitment and retention strategies and techniques.
- Basic public information, public speaking, community relations, and marketing principles and practices.
- Methods and techniques used in conducting promotional and information sessions for current and prospective students.
- Paraprofessional guidance techniques used to assist students.
- Operational characteristics, services, and activities of the functions, programs, and operations of the assigned program area.
- Matriculation requirements and procedures at a community college.
- Pertinent federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulations including Title V matriculation requirements.
- Transcript evaluation techniques.
- Confidentiality requirements when dealing with personal and sensitive student information.
- Principles, practices and procedures of fiscal, statistical, and administrative research and report preparation.
- Statistical procedures and mathematical concepts.
- Principles, practices, and procedures of business letter writing and report preparation.
- Recordkeeping methods and procedures.
- Principles and practices used to establish and maintain files and information retrieval systems.
- Diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
- Office procedures, methods, and equipment including computers and applicable software applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Work organization principles and practices.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy.
- Principles and practices of providing training, work direction, and guidance to lower-level office staff and student workers.
- English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and vocabulary.
Equivalent of Bachelorís degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in social sciences, liberal studies, communications, education, counseling, or a closely related field.
Five years of increasingly responsible administrative and programmatic experience including three years of responsible matriculation, outreach, or other directly related work experience, preferably in an institution of higher education, including experience in a lead or supervisory capacity.
Information and Application Process Instructions
Please visit the Districtís Employment Opportunities website at https://jobs.socccd.edu for a detailed job description, to learn more about the District and to complete an on-line application.
NOTICE TO ALL CANDIDATES FOR EMPLOYMENT: The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Public Law 99-603, requires that employers obtain documentation from every new employee which authorizes that individual to accept employment in this country.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within the South Orange County Community College District and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...