Raritan Valley Community College
Raritan Valley Community College (RVCC), serving Somerset and Hunterdon County residents for fifty years, offers over 90 associate degrees and certificates, customized training and continuing education. The College's 240-acre campus lies at the crossroads of central New Jersey in North Branch. RVCC is committed to being a learning-centered college that works closely with the community to develop and offer new and innovative programs to meet the needs of a growing diverse community and student population. Signifying a strong commitment to student success and completion, RVCC was one of 30 colleges nationwide selected for the Achieving the Dream 2011 Cohort.
RVCC is currently seeking an Athletic Director.
The College Athletic Director (AD) is the lead administrator in the athletic department and recruits, hires, supervises coaches and support staff involved in Intercollegiate Athletic Programs. The AD is responsible for all the management and administration aspects of the athletic department including strategic planning, budgeting, and campus and community relations and working with coaches on the recruitment and retention of student athletes. The AD will oversee the athletic progress of the student athletes and manage the eligibility records.
The AD oversees sporting events, as well as planning the logistics of each sports team associated with the school. The AD is responsible for the hiring and mentoring of all coaches, overseeing the facilities the sports are played within, and managing the athletics department and develop and implement processes and procedures surrounding the athletic programs, and work to ensure they are driving student success.
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES AND TASKS:
The primary purpose of RVCC's Athletic Director is to influence the academic success of our student athletes. The responsibility for maintaining eligibility requirements is the AD's responsibility. However, equally as important is the tracking of the student athlete's success in their academic program. It is the responsibility of the AD to institute a systematic student progress reporting system. This entails working closely with coaches, faculty and academic advisors. To fully engage in this process, the AD must integrate into the College community by serving on college-wide committees and by attending College programming. The AD must demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to the NJCAA's primary purpose of maintaining intercollegiate athletics as an integral part of RVCC's educational program and the athlete as an integral part of the student body.
The AD provides leadership in fundraising within practices that are acceptable to Raritan Valley Community College. The development of a comprehensive athletic fund raising program is necessary to enhance the athletic program of R VCC. To plan and implement an effective fund raising strategy, the AD must be skilled at budget management and develop the ability to initialize the College's Banner financial system.
The Athletic Director is responsible for the conduct of coaches, athletes and athletic staff during athletic related activities. The requirements of the position call for a commitment to be present at many athletic games to provide encouragement to student athletes and oversight for the athletic program.
The Athletic Director is responsible for developing working relationships with area high school athletic directors and coaches. They function as an RVCC representative, promoting athletics and the academic program. The AD works with the RVCC Recruiting Department to coordinate and promote recruiting activities.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Execute all duties associated with athletic teams, including recruitment of players, ensuring proper completion of paperwork, monitoring the academic progress of athletes, ordering appropriate supplies and equipment, scheduling practices and games, hosting parents and orientations.
- Responsible for the operation of the athletic office to ensure that quality service is provided while adhering to the College, divisional, and departmental policies and procedures.
- Develop relationships with High School Coaches, Guidance Counselors and Athletic Directors.
- Recruit Student-Athletes and attend Recruiting events with RVCC recruiters.
- Act as liaison between student athletes, RVCC Faculty and Advising / Counseling.
- Monitor student athletes' academic progress, class attendance and class schedule.
- Oversee the maintenance of the eligibility files on all student athletes to ensure compliance with NJCAA eligibility. Coordinate pre-participation physicals.
- Act as point of contact for prospective student athletes. Act as point of contact for 4 year colleges to assist in moving our student athletes to the next level.
- Develop and implement strategies for the college athletic programs to improve conference and division eligibility.
- Develop, propose, implement, and oversee a comprehensive fund development program in support of the college's intercollegiate athletics program.
- Maintain Title IX reporting requirements and strive for gender equity in the athletic programs.
The successful candidate must have a master's degree in physical education, athletic administration, or a related field, and a minimum of three to five years of experience in intercollegiate athletics with progressively responsible professional positions.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrated leadership and administrative skills are a must. Knowledge of intercollegiate athletics and an appreciation for the relationship between academics and athletics is critical. Knowledge of NJCAA rules and regulations is required.
As a New Jersey First Act Employer, new employees must establish a primary residence in New Jersey within one year unless an exemption applies.
RVCC's starting salary is commensurate with educational qualifications and experience. We also offer an attractive benefits package.
For consideration of the above position, please submit your cover letter and resume online:
We regret that we are unable to respond to each and every resume received. Only those candidates of interest will be contacted directly.
Raritan Valley Community College is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Plan Employer. We will implement the policy to assure that the employment opportunities offered at the institution are available to all person.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/2nf4ff9cf8c7zysh
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Raritan Valley Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com