Northern Arizona University
Northern Arizona University-Yuma location seeks a self-motivated, creative, collaborative, and resourceful Librarian.
Reporting to the Associate Vice President/Campus Executive Officer, the NAU-Yuma Librarian will develop and grow NAU-Yuma’s library resources and services while functioning as part of an inter-institutional team.
The NAU-Yuma Librarian will, in conjunction with NAU Cline Library colleagues, coordinate and deliver library services to the NAU programs located at NAU-Yuma. The position will contribute to the AWC/NAU-Yuma Academic Library, a collaborative facility that accommodates degree programs offered by Arizona Western College and NAU-Yuma, as well as other educational and research activities.
NAU-Yuma offers undergraduate and graduate programs at the Yuma campus and online. The successful candidate will build and maintain strong relationships with students and faculty in these academic programs.
- Forge partnerships throughout NAU programs at the NAU-Yuma campus while collaborating to define and solve problems in a changing information environment.
- Help NAU-Yuma, Arizona Western College (AWC) and NAU colleagues understand trends and the changing user needs of NAU programs, students, faculty and staff, in support of potential collaborative responses.
- Provide leadership, planning, development, and evaluation of library resources and services and related technologies at NAU-Yuma that further library and institutional goals.
- Promote library services to incoming students, and identify relevant events and activities of initiatives, programs and student clubs that may increase awareness of academic programs and opportunities for learning support.
- Work with NAU faculty, students and colleagues located at the NAU-Yuma campus or at a distance.
- Collaborate with faculty to evaluate and make recommendations for collection resources, including assessing how effectively information resources meet user needs.
- Collaborate with NAU faculty and Cline Library colleagues to develop and/or refine program and course-level learning outcomes that integrate information literacy in a sequenced way across the curriculum. Collaborate with faculty on assignment design and assessments of student learning. Analyze and apply assessment results to improve student learning.
- Provide face-to-face instruction, when appropriate, and provide alternatives to students in online courses. Create guides and other do-it-yourself content to provide specific users with targeted help and pathways to the information they need. Provide individual or group research consultations and assistance to students in the assigned departments or programs.
- Provide assistance on search strategies, information retrieval, alert services, and citation management for researchers conducting literature reviews and developing grants. Promote NAU’s institutional repository, OpenKnowledge@NAU, including recruiting faculty to submit content to the repository and working with faculty on open access and scholarly communication issues.
- Participate in and contribute to cross-departmental and cross-institutional work at AWC and NAU Cline Library.
- Contribute to public services including reference services at the AWC/NAU-Yuma Academic Library and participate in other activities in coordination with the AWC/NAU-Yuma Library Director and librarians. Provide excellent customer service during interactions and proactively learn and maintain skills to meet changing expectations.
- Collaborate with AWC staff to promote the partnership presence in the AWC/NAU-Yuma Academic Library in order to reach NAU-Yuma faculty and students.
- Participate in cross-institution project groups.
- Assist with accreditation processes, program reviews, grants, and related work with NAU programs in Yuma. Employ user-centered assessment and evidence-based decision-making for continuous improvement. Identify ways to demonstrate the library's value and increase awareness of resources and services.
- Identify and pursue professional development and service opportunities that reflect a commitment to learning, innovation, and excellence in higher education and libraries. Share and integrate what is learned in ways that benefit users, colleagues, and the profession. Share and integrate what is contributed in ways that benefit users, colleagues, the profession, and the community (local, national or international).
ALA-accredited graduate degree from a library or information science program or equivalent graduate degree in a relevant field, and one year of experience working in an academic library.
- Experience managing, designing, delivering, evaluating and improving user-centered library services
- Experience with systems, technology and software used in libraries and higher education such as Alma and Primo (Ex Libris), SharePoint (Microsoft), LibGuides, and Blackboard Learn
- Demonstrated experience working in and across groups, organizations, or institutions with the goal of shared success
- Experience with library specific tools including online resources, instant messaging (Chat), Integrated Library Systems such as Millennium and SIRSI, and scheduling tools.
- Demonstrated experience teaching in a library or higher education environment
- Demonstrated experience providing individual research assistance to students and faculty
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with faculty to continuously improve assignments and embed library content and instruction into curricula, courses, and assignments
- Experience working with faculty, students, and colleagues in a diverse and inclusive learning and working environment
- Ability to communicate and work effectively and collegially with people from a diverse and inclusive community
- Knowledge of (coursework, workshops, or experience) scholarly communication and open access issues
- Experience evaluating and enhancing services and operations
Information and Application Process Instructions
Please see nau.jobs for full job descriptions and details on how to apply online!
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Northern Arizona University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...