Otis College of Art and Design
Otis College of Art and Design is currently accepting applications for a Nurse Practitioner. As a member of the Student Health and Wellness Center (SHWC), the Nurse Practitioner will provide college health medical care to all eligible patients. The role of the Nurse Practitioner is to promote restoration of health, and achievement of patient health goals through assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation in the delivery of patient care. The Nurse Practitioner will also aid in handling a variety of tasks associated with the day‐to‐day clinical operations of the Student Health and Wellness Center in accordance with departmental policies, procedures, and in collaboration with the whole SHWC team. The Nurse Practitioner will develop, implement, and evaluate relevant health education/promotion programs directed toward the student population. The Nurse practitioner will also participate in SHWC activities including accreditation and quality improvement as well as comply with all SHWC bylaws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures. This position reports directly to the SHWC Director/licensed physician.
- Provide assessment, diagnosis, and appropriate medical management for acute illnesses, injuries, and stable chronic illnesses, as well as primary care services such as health maintenance care and annual physicals including ordering appropriate diagnostic tests, making specialty referrals, and dispensing medications. Independently seeks consultation with director/physician in maintaining both acute and chronic cases. Participates in the peer review process.
- Provide family planning education and services as well as provide health screening and immunizations. Counseling and educating patients on health behaviors, self-care skills, and treatment options.
- Perform minor procedures such as suturing, blood draws and allergy/immunization/medication injections.
- Engage in appropriate and timely consultation with supervising physician (SHWC Director). Complete and maintain accurate medical records of all patient encounters in the electronic health record (EHR).
- Adhere to the Otis College SHWC Nurse Practitioner Protocols and other requirements set forth by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
- Act as the Otis College SHWC Health Promotion/Outreach Coordinator for campus health education and promotion events. Duties include working with various departments on campus to engage students in health promotion events and activities geared towards the whole Otis College community. Other duties may include developing, ordering and distributing appropriate health education materials such as brochures, posters, etc.
- Maintain and promote the immunization compliance program of all Otis College students by tracking student immunization records and notifying students of deficiencies.
- Assist with planning and implementing care designed to meet student health and wellness needs. Participates in monitoring and evaluating the quality and appropriateness of patient care.
- Serve as the point‐person responsible for overseeing all aspects of the Center in the absence of the managing physician.
- Maintain a safe environment in accordance with departmental standards, policies, and safety regulations. Ensures compliance with infection control policies.
- Represent Otis College within the health care community and at professional organizations or associations, serve on committees as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested by the SHWC Director.
Registered Nurse with a Master’s Degree in Nursing and a valid California State RN license with a Nurse Practitioner Certificate, Furnishing Number, and DEA license. National Board Certification preferred. Applicant will be expected to continue upgrading knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to keep abreast of regulation and policy changes as well as changes in standards of care by attending continuing education courses/conferences, professional meetings, and maintaining membership in professional organizations. Prefer at least 1-2 years’ experience as a Nurse Practitioner with broad work experiences in general family, adult and/or pediatric medicine. Experience in university or college health care is preferred.
Demonstrated knowledge in the areas of advanced nursing and nurse practitioner principles, methods, and procedures. Knowledge and understanding of current clinical guidelines and recognized standards of care within the scope of practice, and enthusiasm to care for Otis College students of all ages, backgrounds, and abilities. Exemplary communication skills (both written and oral). Highly developed organizational and leadership skills. Demonstrated computer competency and knowledge of the use of an Electronic Health Record (EHR). Maintain a current CPR/BLS/ACLS certification as appropriate. Understand and comply with the policies and procedures of Student Health and Wellness Center. Functions well within a cohesive team environment and has strong interpersonal, cross-cultural, and collaborative skills. This position may be required to work occasional evenings and weekends for student events and/or to meet business needs.
Information and Application Process Instructions
Interested candidates must apply via Otis’ website at https://otis.simplehire.com to be considered for the position.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the Otis College of Art and Design and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...