Otis College of Art and Design
Otis College of Art and Design is currently accepting applications for an Office Manager. The Office Manager provides a variety of administrative services and assists in the management of department operations, as assigned. This position supervises clerical and/or administrative support personnel. Weekends and/or occasional evening hours may be required to meet operational needs. The Office Manager reports directly to the Chair of Fine Arts.
Otis College of Art and Design is currently accepting applications for a Staff Counselor/Psychologist. The Staff Counselor/ Psychologist provides multi-culturally attuned clinical counseling services (i.e., therapy, assessment, crisis management, consultation, and outreach) to undergraduate and graduate students at Otis College. The Staff Counselor/Psychologist works collaboratively with the Counseling Director and Student Health & Wellness Center staff to facilitate and support overall student wellness and success. The ideal candidate is passionate about working with a diverse creative student population and takes a collaborative approach to working with students and colleagues. This position reports directly to the Student Health & Wellness Center Counseling Director.
- Provides counseling services and develops and facilitates outreach programs for undergraduate and graduate students.
- Maintains a multicultural perspective and sensitivity throughout all levels of his/her/their work.
- Provides short‐term individual psychotherapy, crisis intervention, and case management.
- Uses clinical assessments as applicable to formulate diagnostic impressions and to track students' symptoms and progress in treatment.
- Works with the Student Health & Wellness Center team to develop preventative outreach activities, screening programs, workshops, classes, and other services for students on a variety of health and wellness topics (i.e., depression, eating disorders, alcohol and drug abuse, etc.)
- Provides consultation services for parents, faculty, and staff members regarding student related wellness and mental health issues, as requested.
- Determines, with supervisor, those students requiring a higher level of care and/or referrals.
- Maintains timely and comprehensive counseling records in an electronic health record database.
- Responds to acute student mental health crises, sometimes involving hospitalization of the student which may involve after‐hours student crisis telephone calls as back‐up to the supervisor in their absence.
- Maintains mandatory licensing requirements on an annual basis.
- Attends and participates in staff development programs, department related meetings, and other College assemblies.
- Represents the College and/or department as assigned.
- Maintains appropriate network of professional contacts and currency with professional organizations and publications. Attends and participates in professional conferences.
- Must be responsive to work‐related phone calls and emails during non‐business hours on occasion.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelorís degree or combined experience and education as substitute for minimum education.
This position requires a minimum of 3 years related work experience in office management and budget administration. Proficiency in computer software related to office and administrative work is required.
Other skills required for this position include: analysis, budget control, interpretation of policies/trends, scheduling, research, time management, and training. Individual must excel in customer service, organization, planning, communication (both written and oral), and problem identification and resolution.
Information and Application Process Instructions
- Interested candidates must apply via Otisí website at https://otis.simplehire.com to be considered for the position.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Otis College of Art and Design and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please apply online
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...