Baltimore City Community College
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
Overview of Position
Employees in this classification receive supervision from the Health Care Manager
- Engages in activities which enhance the program and the College’s relationship to the community by developing and maintaining partnerships with businesses and clinical sites
- Assists with development and/or maintenance of clinical affiliation agreements
- Coordinates clinical schedules for students with clinical sites
- Performs clinical site visits while students are at site to monitor compliance/adherence to professionalism and code of conduct
- Develops schedule, track and trend students prior to, during, and after their clinical assignments for compliance with Healthcare program requirements while maintaining communication with Nurse Manager.
- Demonstrates professionalism and effectively communicates when interacting with students, staff, and clinical site personnel
- Assists with data collection and analysis with regard to program assessment and effectiveness, and retention
- Contributes to the development of policy and procedures related to the clinical training phases of the program
- Develops and delivers information sessions to prospective students and community partners
- Participates in departmental meetings, advisory committee meetings, and others as appropriate
- Understands and uses current technology as it applies to healthcare programs
- Answers phone and responds to inquiries about Health Care course requirements on the telephone, computer, and in-person
- Works cooperatively with other members in the Division of Business and Continuing Education (BCED) on projects and initiatives, and performs other duties as assigned.
Why Work at BCCC?
Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a crossroads of diverse peoples, of learning and work, and the multiplicity of stakeholders we serve: individuals, businesses, government and educational institutions of the community at large.
Our employees enjoy a collegial environment that is both challenging and welcoming. We stay innovative as we strive to be the leader in providing quality education that responds to and meets the needs of a diverse population of learners. Students come here to change their lives through education.
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Applications: Please apply online.
Explore this and other current employment opportunities at BCCC by visiting the search openings listed at Baltimore City Community College jobs
When inquiring or applying for this position, please reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within Baltimore City Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com