Research and Planning Analyst
South Orange County Community College District
Irvine Valley College
Research and Planning Analyst, Categorically Funded, Full-time (Two or More Positions)
Initial Screening Date†† †07/31/2017
Starting salary at $6001.00 monthly
Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Classification Benefits:†† † The District offers a comprehensive package of insurance benefits to eligible employees, which includes medical and dental insurance, a vision-care plan, life insurance and dependent life coverage, accidental death and dismemberment coverage, and a long-term disability income-protection plan. All premiums are fully paid by the District. Mandatory retirement incentive is with California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS).
PLEASE NOTE: In order to be considered for this opening, you must apply through the District website at https://jobs.socccd.edu
Employment in these positions is contingent on Student Success and Support (SSSP) categorical funding or Student Equity (SEP) categorical funding.
Under direction of assigned College President or designee, plans, conducts, and presents research and analysis of institutional data related to the development and assessment of College programs, services, activities, and enrollment patterns; and provides a variety of complex decision and planning support to the President of the College or designee.
Qualifications: †† †
- Standard statistical procedures and research methods including those related to sampling, projections, significance, and distributions.
- Principles and practices used in the development and implementation of survey instruments and techniques.
- Data collection and coding methods.
- Office procedures, methods, and equipment including operating characteristics of personal and mainframe computers, peripherals, and a variety of software applications including statistical, word processing, advanced spreadsheet, and database management applications.
- Principles and procedures of complex data management and reporting.
- Principles and practices of fiscal, statistical, and administrative report preparation.
- Principles of business letter writing.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Principles, practices, and procedures of record keeping.
- Principles and practices used to establish and maintain files and information retrieval systems.
- Work organization principles and practices.
- English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and vocabulary.
- Methods and techniques used in public relations.
- Perform statistical research and analysis work of a specialized nature involving the use of independent judgment and personal initiative.
- Analyze current and historical statistical data and develop sound, logical conclusions and recommendations.
- Assist in planning, organizing, and directing complex projects requiring multiple tasks and input from a variety of sources.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive research design and methods with specific timelines.
- Access, download, consolidate, and analyze data from District information systems.
- Compile data and prepare and present administrative, analytical, and technical reports and recommendations.
- Understand the organization and operation of the assigned program area as necessary to assume assigned responsibilities.
- Understand, interpret, and apply administrative and office policies and procedures as well as pertinent laws, regulations, and ordinances.
- Plan and organize work to meet schedules and changing deadlines.
- Operate office equipment including personal and mainframe computers, peripherals, and supporting applications including advanced spreadsheet and database management systems used in data analysis, maintenance, and report preparation.
- Utilize sophisticated survey development and data processing equipment and software.
- Develop and implement online survey tools.
- Adapt to changing technologies and learn functionality of new equipment and systems.
- Work under steady pressure with frequent interruptions and a high degree of public contact by phone or in person.
- Work well in team situations and collaborate effectively with diverse groups of people.
- Work with and exhibit sensitivity to and understanding of the varied racial, ethnic, cultural, sexual orientation, academic, socio-economic, and disabled populations of community college students.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Equivalent to a Bachelorís degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in business administration, economics, sociology, statistics, or a related field. A Masterís degree is desirable.
Two years of increasingly responsible experience in the collection, analysis, reporting, and presentation of research data.
Information and Application Process Instructions
Please visit the Districtís Employment Opportunities website at https://jobs.socccd.edu for a detailed job description, to learn more about the District and to complete an on-line application. †
NOTICE TO ALL CANDIDATES FOR EMPLOYMENT: The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Public Law 99-603, requires that employers obtain documentation from every new employee which authorizes that individual to accept employment in this country.†
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within the South Orange County Community College District and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...