Borough of Manhattan Community College Association
- Ensure compliance with all appropriate New York City, New York State, The City University of New York, GASB regulatory and accounting requirements.
- Maintain the chart of accounts for BMCC Association.
- Assist Business Manager in preparation of budget proposals for the Board of Directors; maintain and update budgets in the accounting system.
- Track expenditures for student clubs and programs, and ensure that spending is within budget.
- Work with the BMCC Association Business Manager to educate, train and guide students, faculty and staff with little exposure to budgetary responsibilities.
- Process Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable transactions in a timely fashion.
- Work closely with BMCC Controller on mid-year and year-end closing, and prepare the mapping of the Associationís records to The City University of New York system of records (PeopleSoft ERP).
- Maintain employee HR files, process the payroll (ADP), and administer employee benefits.
- Track banking and credit-card transactions to ensure that all debits and credits are authorized.
- Prepare and post Journal Entries.
- Prepare the draft financial statements, financial analyses, MD&As, and audit schedules for external auditors.
- Prepare Form 990 schedules, liaise with audit personnel during annual Financial Statements audits and audits performed by various funding agencies.
- File information returns such as Form 990, CHAR500, Form 5500, Forms 1099 and 1042.
- Develop and implement internal control policies and procedures for the Association.
- Other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the Associationís Business Manager and Controller of BMCC.
- Bachelorís degree in accounting and 5+ years performing accounting functions preferably in a nonprofit environment.
- Student customer service experience is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of GASB and other accounting rules, principles, practices and reporting requirements.
- Work effectively, both individually and collaboratively, with diverse stakeholders of various student clubs and organizations, as well as faculty.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and QuickBooks. Familiarity with the PeopleSoft ERP system is highly desirable.
- Experience with processing an ADP payroll is strongly preferred.
- The candidate should be detail-oriented and accurate, with strong numerical analysis, evaluation, and research skills.
- Ability to multitask, attention to details and effective organizational skills are essential for this position.
The candidate must have good communication skills, not only the ability to create excellent reports, but the fluency to explain them verbally and in writing.
$65,000 - $79,000.
BMCC Association offers an excellent benefits package.
Information and Application Process Instructions
Please mail resume to:
199 Chamber Street
New York, NY 10007
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the Borough of Manhattan Community College Association and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Send your resume for this job...
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...