Associate Research Scientist
Mechanical Engineering Department
The Department of Mechanical Engineering at Columbia University is seeking to hire an Associate Research Scientist.
- The incumbent will join a multidisciplinary NIH-funded team performing research on the delivery of therapeutics into the cochlea for the treatment of hearing and vestibular disorders.
- The incumbent will perform research on the experimental micromechanics of the round window membrane using bulge tests and nanoindentation with the goal of characterizing the stiffness and strength of the round window membrane.
- The incumbent will also perform and interpret diffusion experiments to determine the permeability of the intact and perforated round window membrane.
- The incumbent is expected to have significant experience with the fabrication of microscale devices using various lithographic methods, as well as their use for characterization of mechanical properties.
- Finally, the incumbent is expected to work closely with other team members who are performing detailed numerical simulations of the mechanical tests as well as the diffusion experiments.
The incumbent will report directly to Professor Jeffrey Kysar, Ph.D. as well as Professor Anil K. Lalwani, M.D.
Applications are only accepted online.
Please apply at:
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Columbia University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com