Student Financial Aid Services
University of Connecticut
The Director of Student Financial Aid Services reports to the Vice President for Enrollment Planning and Management (EPM) and provides the overall management and leadership necessary for the effective administration of student financial aid programs and ensuring quality service to students, families and other constituents in relation to financial matters.
The person who holds this position directs and budgets for the operational activities of a service-oriented Financial Aid Office that supports the university’s core mission of student recruitment, retention, and successful graduation. Additionally, the successful candidate will work to enhance the ability of the University to recruit and retain talented and diverse undergraduate and graduate students by applying practices in the development, implementation, and management of financial aid and scholarship programs to insure the fulfillment of the intent and purpose of each of the different programs.
The director is a senior member of the EPM team that also includes representation from Registration Services, Undergraduate Admissions, Orientation Services, Visitors Center and Office of the Vice President for Enrollment Planning & Management.
The successful candidate will meet the following required criteria:
- Master's degree and experience in a high volume financial aid office at a public or private university.
- At least five years of comprehensive leadership experience at the Associate Director or Director level in a financial aid office with demonstrated success managing financial aid operations.
- At least five years of supervisory experience demonstrating the ability to provide vision, training, and leadership to a staff of 30.
- Experience with the strategic use of aid and aid leveraging to achieve institutional enrollment goals.
- Extensive experience in managing institutional based scholarship programs.
- Demonstrate knowledge of federal/state financial aid programs, policies and procedures.
- Proven experience with integrated information systems such as PeopleSoft or other appropriate student information systems in developing and implementing financial aid and scholarship programs and services.
- Strong customer/student relationship management skills and a demonstrated commitment to access and diversity; and the ability to communicate successfully with a diverse student body and work force.
- Experience working collaboratively with University faculty, administration, and staff.
- Demonstrated research, quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of financial aid award modeling.
Please apply online at UConn Jobs at www.jobs.uconn.edu, Staff Positions, (Search # 2017637) to submit a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information for three professional references.
Screening of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check. (Search # 2017637)
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on July 22, 2017.
The University of Connecticut is an EEO/AA employer.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the University of Connecticut and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com