Dean of Health Sciences and Public Safety
Victor Valley College
Opening Date/Time: Thu. 06/15/17 12:00 AM Pacific Time
Closing Date/Time: Sun. 07/16/17 11:59 PM Pacific Time
Salary: $101,592.00 - $140,448.00 Annually
Job Type: Full-time
Department: Instruction - Health, Science & Public Safety
FLSA: Exempt position, not eligible for overtime compensation.
**Revised First Date of Review is Scheduled for July 16, 2017**
Under the direction of an area or chief administrator, plan, organize, administer, develop, and evaluate the programs, projects, and activities of instruction; provide leadership for faculty and staff in offering quality services for college students; carry on complex projects and special programs; train, supervise and evaluate assigned personnel; supervise all programs and courses under the area of health sciences and public safety to include, but not be limited to: nursing, respiratory therapy, physical education, administrative of justice, emergency medical services, and fire science.
- Coordinate the development of instructional schedules for health sciences and public safety and recommend instructors to the chief instructional officer. This includes on campus and off campus courses. E
- Evaluate full-time and part-time instructors and classified personnel in health sciences and public safety. E
- Consult with faculty to develop a schedule of classes that meets the needs of students, utilizing enrollment data. E
- Direct the preparation of full-time and part-time faculty teaching and work loads, ensuring accuracy. Assure that loads are within the collective bargaining contract and state regulations. E
- Provide leadership to health sciences and public safety in developing strategies to advance student learning and staff development. E
- Work with the executive dean of curriculum development and learning resources and faculty to facilitate the planning and execution of course and program student learning outcomes and the assessment of the outcomes. E
- Manage the budget for health sciences and public safety to ensure appropriate expenditures and best practices to balance the budget. E
- Assist the chief instructional officer with the organization and preparation of necessary reports and budgets. E
- Work with the program coordinators and department chairs to ensure all self-study reports are complete and the program maintains full accreditation with the respective accrediting agency(ies). E
- Assist in the accreditation process. E
- Coordinate with the program coordinators and department chairs activities related to advisory committees to promote and enhance educational programs. E
- Maintain awareness of the current Equal Employment Opportunity Plan, ADA, sexual harassment laws and other related laws, regulations, and functions. E
- Actively participate and support shared governance and other collaborative processes. E
- Serve on college committees as assigned.
- Coordinate special projects as assigned.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Master's degree and one (1) year of leadership experience, including supervision and evaluation of academic programs and budget management.
Position requires frequent use of hands and fingers for computer use; reach with hands and arms; lift up to 20 pounds; hearing and speaking to communicate and exchange information.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Higher education in community colleges, including the mission of the California Community Colleges.
- Nursing, allied health, and public safety state regulations/titles and outside accrediting agencies, including policies and objectives of assigned programs and activities.
- Curriculum development and course articulation.
- Budget preparation and control.
- Principles and practices of administration, supervision and training.
- Develop and modify curriculum to meet student and community needs.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with faculty and staff, students and community members.
- Work effectively with students, faculty, and staff from multi-cultural backgrounds and promote access and equity.
- Train, supervise and evaluate personnel.
- Read, interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Maintain current knowledge of program rules, regulations, requirements and restrictions.
- Meet schedules and timelines.
- Plan and organize work.
- Understand the needs of the areas of responsibility within the context of the overall instructional programs; participate with the management team to set goals and priorities for the Health Sciences and Public Safety areas.
- Organize and chair meetings, lead workshops, facilitate group discussions and involve faculty and staff in idea generation, goal setting and decision making.
- Organize multiple projects and carry out required project details throughout the year.
Information and Application Process Instructions
Appointment to this position is subject to availability of funds. *Salary Schedule subject to change.*
To be considered a candidate for this position, all materials required should be received in the Victor Valley College Office of Human Resources by the First Review Date. Application materials may be accepted after this date, however, if a file is not complete by the First Review Date, the application may not be considered by the Screening Committee.
You may check your status at any time by logging into Victor Valley College Online Application Site at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/vvc/ with your username and password.
It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that all requested materials are received. All material included in the application packet become District property, will not be returned, and will not be copied.
All information qualifying an applicant for the position must be included on the Victor Valley College application. To assist the District in determining whether an applicant meets the minimum requirements, descriptions of an applicant's present and past job duties should include details pertinent to the position for which he/she is applying.
Applicants may be notified by email during any phase of this recruitment regarding status. This recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies.
If it is unclear whether an applicant meets the minimum qualifications for the position from the application, that applicant will be disqualified.
It is not unusual for the District to receive hundreds of applications for a position. For this reason, it is advantageous to make the application as easy to review as possible.
Candidates wishing to apply for more than one position must apply for each position separately.
A complete file consists of all of the following:
- Completed electronic Victor Valley College Application
- Letter expressing interest in the position
- Current resume
- Copies of transcripts showing college degrees and course-work. NOTE: Degrees must be from an accredited institution. It is the responsibility of the candidate to include U.S. evaluations of non-U.S. transcripts with their application.
- Three (3) current letters of recommendation from persons having firsthand knowledge of the applicant's professional qualifications, character, etc.
Victor Valley College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Victor Valley College prohibits sexual harassment and assures that all employees will enjoy equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. Employment acceptance or rejection shall be based on job-related qualifications.
To Apply http://agency.governmentjobs.com/vvc/
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Victor Valley College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please apply as included above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...