Instructor, Nursing Tenure Track
Raritan Valley Community College
Raritan Valley Community College (RVCC), serving Somerset and Hunterdon County residents for fifty years, offers over 90 associate degrees and certificates, customized training and continuing education. The College's 240-acre campus lies at the crossroads of central New Jersey in North Branch. RVCC is committed to being a learning-centered college that works closely with the community to develop and offer new and innovative programs to meet the needs of a growing diverse community and student population.
Instructor, Nursing – Tenure Track
The Health Science Education Department invites applicants to apply for a full time tenure-track position in Nursing. Seeking qualified candidates to teach maternity (Obstetrics) and medical-surgical nursing courses and manage related clinical experiences.
Responsibilities included, but not limited to:
- Teach maternity (obstetrics) and medical/surgical nursing courses and manage related clinical experiences.
- Plan, supervise, and evaluate student clinical experience in assigned health care facilities.
- Teach courses at a variety of times and locations in response to institutional needs.
- Develop and use a syllabus for each course within College and departmental guidelines.
- Provide access to students through posted office hours, electronic communication and other appropriate methods.
- Regularly evaluate students to measure their progress in achieving course objectives, and inform them in a timely manner of their progress.
- Regularly evaluate course to ensure that learning outcomes and assessments are appropriate/effective.
- Review, evaluate, and recommend student-learning materials.
- Participate as a member of teaching team in preparation and presentation of learning experiences within an integrated nursing curriculum.
- Evaluate student performance in relation to course objectives.
- Initiate conferences with students encountering clinical difficulties.
- Communicate objectives for student performance to the clinical facility administration and nursing staff.
- Participate in student advising.
- Make continuous efforts to improve the quality of instruction by reviewing utilizing innovative methodologies, techniques, and delivery methods.
- Demonstrate or be willing to acquire skills for teaching on-line courses.
- Assist with departmental strategic planning and outcomes assessment.
- Maintain currency and professional development in technology and pedagogy.
- Participate in college/departmental professional development activities.
- Serve on College-wide committees as assigned.
- Work collaboratively in a diverse learning institution; demonstrate commitment to teaching and working with a multi-cultural and multi-generational student body.
- Adhere to College policies and procedures.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Master's degree in Nursing from NLN-accredited institution
- Current New Jersey Registered Nursing License
- Prior classroom teaching and clinical supervision experience
- Ability to teach Maternity (Obstetrics) and Medical-Surgical Nursing courses
- CPR certification
Preferred Additional Qualifications:
- Doctoral degree preferred in Nursing from NLN-accredited institution
- Certification by the ANA in specialty area is preferred
As a New Jersey First Act Employer, new employees must establish a primary residence in New Jersey within one year unless an exemption applies.
Please submit a cover letter, current resume/vita and unofficial transcripts online:
Applications received by July 7, 2017 will be considered in the first review of applicants.
Initial salary and rank will be based on the successful candidate's educational qualifications and professional experience. The College also offers an attractive employee benefits package.
We regret that we are unable to respond individually to each application. Applicants chosen for further consideration will be contacted directly.
Raritan Valley Community College is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Plan Employer. We will implement the policy to assure that the employment opportunities offered at the institution are available to all person.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Raritan Valley Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com