Major Gifts Officer
Anne Arundel Community College
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic organization positioned for growth. The Major Gifts Officer will be essential in building a major gift program at the Foundation and establishing new relationships.
Our mission at the AACC Foundation is to secure and steward private funds to increase access to higher education for our community through student scholarships. Through private philanthropy, the AACC Foundation also seeks to enhance the educational endeavors of the college. We believe every motivated, hard-working student should have the opportunity to attend college and improve his or her life. Donations provide scholarships for our students and helps support Anne Arundel Community College programs.
The Major Gifts Officer is a front-line fundraiser, directly responsible for the identification, cultivation, direct solicitation and stewardship of major donors, driving the effort to secure gifts at the $2,500+ level with a focus on individuals and family foundations. This position will develop and implement strategies for qualifying major gift prospects, cultivating donors and maximizing gifts. The Officer will assist with securing sponsorship funds from individuals and corporations for the Foundationís signature events, and assist with other fundraising efforts as needed in order to meet the organizations fundraising goal.
AACC is an equal opportunity employer who values the power of diversity and the strength it brings to the workplace.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop a growing and active pipeline of major donors by working closely with the Director of Development to identify prospects; evaluating the existing database to uncover prospects; reviewing donor lists from peer organizations; and using other strategies and prospecting resources to identify and qualify new potential major donors.
- Work with the Executive Director and Director of Development to enlist the participation of board members and other volunteer leadership in identifying, cultivating and soliciting major donor prospects.
- Develop short-term and long-term strategies for prospects, including goals for annual giving and campaigns. Incorporate the Moves Management giving cycle with clear benchmarks for success; set and meet goals for number of touch points annually.
- Maintain donor records in the Raiserís Edge database: enter contact reports and ensure that next steps are scheduled for all active and prospective donors.
- Draft compelling proposals and solicitation letters to encourage philanthropic support and demonstrate impact of gifts.
- Serve as a liaison to assigned schools at the College in order to bridge communication and raise awareness of philanthropic needs throughout the organization.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelorís degree or higher required.
- Minimum of three years fundraising or related experience, preferably at an educational institution required.
- Experience qualifying, soliciting, closing and stewarding major gifts required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite applications required; proficiency with donor database software (Raiserís Edge) preferred.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that includes local travel to accommodate the needs of the College and Foundation.
- Demonstrate organizational and problem solving skills, including the ability to anticipate needs and issues.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and with attention to accuracy, details and deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required, as are excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to engage effectively and tactfully with donor, prospective donors, faculty, staff, administrators, and the public.
- Ability to interact with a variety of faculty, staff and students from diverse backgrounds.
Hours Per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday
For more information or to apply, please visit https://aacc.hiretouch.com
Anne Arundel Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Anne Arundel Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com