Student Services Generalist
Otis College of Art and Design
Otis College of Art and Design is currently accepting applications for a Student Services Generalist. The Student Services Generalist provides first-line student support in a shared services environment to ensure issues related to financial aid, registration, and student accounts are handled with a high degree of customer satisfaction, timely response, and resolution. This position triages requests and inquiries from parents, students, and other sources by assisting with and resolving routine questions/issues and escalating more complicated matters to upper management. This position reports directly to the One-Stop Manager.
- Fields inquiries and requests from students and other authorized parties in person, by phone, or via email on matters related to financial aid, registration, student accounts, and the online self-service system. Serves as the first-line of contact to manage cases to resolution. Determines the appropriate resolution and escalates requests for exception and/or in-depth research to the appropriate upper-management subject-matter expert.
- Reviews a variety of student paperwork for accuracy and completeness before processing. Documents may include but are not limited to: transcript requests, verification forms, financial deferments/cancellations/postponements, veteran enrollment forms, student emergency loans, government loans, and various appeals.
- Performs a variety of clerical duties (i.e., answers main phone line, retrieves voicemail messages, responds to main department email account, processes/prepares departmental mail,
- Performs registration functions such as adds/drops/withdrawals and processes student schedules submitted in person, by fax, and over the phone for all academic programs. Updates registration information in the student information database and the federal government database as appropriate.
- Reviews all incoming financial aid documents for completeness and compliance with federal regulations. Inputs new data and/or corrections into the financial aid software system. Maintains accurate and thorough file documentation.
- Meets with students and parents to explain and clarify student account balances, financial obligations, payment terms, and deadlines. Outlines strategies for tuition repayment. Answers general questions about policies and procedures related to student accounts and financial aid.
- Assists delinquent students with requesting/preparing deferments and/or forbearances. Refers student debtors to the College’s debt management tool. Directs students to other resources regarding financial planning, budgeting, and debt management as appropriate.
- Establishes and maintains student files and records containing confidential student information. Ensures reconciliation, security, integrity, and quality control of files/records per departmental protocol and in accordance with FERPA regulations. Tracks and locates missing items as needed.
- Maintains currency on policies, procedures, and regulations pertaining to admissions, financial aid, student accounts, registration, and other general student services.
- May assist with special events, as assigned. May assist with the production and/or distribution of promotional materials and arrange with vendors and other College departments for services, site, facilities, catering, guest accommodations, travel arrangements, etc. May attend functions to ensure satisfactory outcome as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree desired, but a combination of experience/education may substitute for desired minimum education. Two (2) years related work experience, particularly in a higher education environment, preferred. Must be able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment. Excellent time management, customer-service skills, and interpersonal communication skills are required. Detail-oriented and self-motivated is a must.
Position requires high proficiency using Microsoft Office programs including Excel, Word, and Access. Knowledge of FERPA, Title IV federal aid programs, and Banner computer programs is highly desirable. Fast but accurate data entry skills necessary. Individuals with experience inputting data using a ten (10) key pad or keyboard are highly desired.
Information and Application Process Instructions
Interested candidates must apply via Otis’ website at https://otis.simplehire.com to be considered for the position.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the Otis College of Art and Design and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...