Assistant Director of Admissions Recruitment/DSO
Otis College of Art and Design
Otis College of Art and Design is currently accepting applications for an Assistant Director of Admissions Recruitment/DSO. The Assistant Director of Admissions Recruitment/DSO manages all aspects of a recruitment outreach plan for an assigned geographic territory and maintains the SEVIS records of nonimmigrant students in an F-visa status. This position makes presentations at high schools and community colleges around the country. The Assistant Director serves as an expert regarding the college admission process for both national and international student prospects. This position interviews students to evaluate suitability for admission and evaluates applications to make admission decisions. The Assistant Director provides leadership, guidance, and direction to other members of the departmentís advising team. Evening and weekend hours are required on occasion to meet operational needs. Travel is required during the recruitment season from September to January. This position reports directly to the Associate Dean of Admissions.
- Manages a team of admissions counselors to achieve departmental priorities, deadlines, and enrollment goals. Recruits, screens, hires, and trains counselors (i.e., on the evaluation and placement of transfer applicants) and student workers to be effective College tour guides. Assigns tasks, projects, and general coverage for daily appointments, tours, and information sessions. Adjusts workloads and schedules as needed. Communicates priorities and evaluates employee performance providing guidance and feedback on a regular basis.
- Serves as the primary Designated School Official (DSO) in the Admissions Office. Issues I-20ís for F-1 students. Prepares and signs official documents required by U.S. government agencies. Provides guidance in the implementation of and compliance with immigration-related policies and procedures faced by international students.
- Assists supervisor in creating an annual recruitment outreach plan that supports the Collegeís overall enrollment goals. Assigns admissions counselors to different geographic territories and special events that target strategic regions, school groups, and/or student populations. May help recommend and develop new approaches to attract competitive prospects to the College.
- Ensures departmental policies and procedures regarding application reviews and scoring are adhered to by the admissions counselors so that admission standards remain consistent. Reviews student applications, evaluates portfolios, and domestic/international academic records. Reviews and places transfer applicants. Makes admission decisions based on a comprehensive evaluation of qualitative and quantitative aspects of materials and in relation to the Collegeís enrollment goals.
- Helps coordinate on-campus events (i.e., Open House, Transfer Day, Accepted Student Day, Overnight Programs, and Teacher Workshops.) Participates in recruitment events, school visits, and conferences locally, regionally, and internationally. Travels to make admission presentations to prospective students and their parents, guidance counselors, and alumni. Serves as an expert resource regarding the college admission process.
- Liaises with Department Chairs and other staff/faculty across the College campus to acquire an in-depth knowledge of various academic requirements and special programs. Works collaboratively with faculty, staff, and alumni to coordinate recruitment efforts, leverage existing institutional knowledge, and promote positive working relationships.
- Manages a wide-range of administrative tasks such as the submission and reconciliation of travel and expense reports for the recruitment team; accurate submission of recruitment data from the team of admissions counselors for prospect tracking, event records, school bookings, and teacher contacts; and assistance with all functions of the admissions process on an as-needed basis.
- Stays informed of developments in field. Reads pertinent literature, attends meetings, and participates in professional associations as appropriate. Establishes and maintains an active network of professional contacts.
- Performs other related duties as assigned. Must be responsive to work-related phone calls and emails during non-business hours on occasion.
Bachelorís degree required or combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education. BFA preferred; MFA desirable.
A minimum of 6 months working in visual arts or related field is required. A minimum of 3 years of professional experience working in admissions, academic advisement, or other related field is required, preferably at a regionally accredited college of art. Individual must have demonstrated success leading a team in a supervisory position; strong organizational, interpersonal, communication and analytical skills. Individual must be able to effectively multi-task, prioritize, and meet tight deadlines. Strong writing skills and effective public speaking skills are required.
Individual must be highly computer literate and have extensive knowledge of information technologies and/or the ability to learn new programs with ease. CRM experience is highly preferred.
Information and Application Process Instructions
Interested candidates must apply via Otisí website at https://otis.simplehire.com to be considered for the position.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the Otis College of Art and Design and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...