Assistant Director of Admissions Operations
Otis College of Art and Design
Otis College of Art and Design is currently accepting applications for an Assistant Director of Admissions Operations. The Assistant Director of Admissions Operations manages the day-to-day processing of undergraduate and graduate inquiries, applications, and decisions to meet processing goals. Supervises Admissions Operations staff and helps foster a team ethos that strives for continuous improvement to meet and/or exceed enrollment targets. This position reports directly to the Associate Dean of Admissions.
- Manages the Operations and Reception staff. Recruits, hires, trains, and directly supervises assigned staff. Monitors work performance on a day-to-day basis; provides guidance and feedback as needed. Counsels and disciplines employees as required. Helps assess staffing and training needs based on departmental goals, objectives, and timetables to achieve set enrollment targets.
- Manages day-to-day admissions operations, including online applications, processing of applicant materials, issuing admissions decisions, deferrals, cancellations, reactivations, and other processes. Schedules, assigns, and prioritizes workloads. Sets appropriate deadlines. Ensures timely completion of unitís work. Serves as backup during critical processing periods.
- Maintains efficient departmental work flow and accurate data processing from applications to centralized systems. Manages the integrity of recruitment data in various databases and systems.
- Provides documents and generates reports related to the admissions process, including survey data, weekly statistical reports, and other data requests. Researches, gathers, and summarizes data for reports related to student recruitment. Organizes internal/external data reporting.
- Designs, implements, and evaluates operational procedures to ensure integrity, efficiency, and security of systems and data. Ensures staff adherence to set procedures.
- Participates in the development and administration of department policies and procedures, as assigned. Researches and maintains compatibility with College policies.
- Acts as liaison between the Admissions Office, Registration Office, Business Office, and Student Accounts. Serves as a point of contact and facilitates the accurate flow and integrity of new student data in a centralized database.
- Facilitates a strong working relationship between operations and recruitment. Shares information and trains new counselors on operations policies/procedures.
- Helps plan and coordinate staff meetings, training programs, staff retreats, and assessment activities. May help negotiate with vendors or other internal departments for sites, room reservations, facility work orders, guest accommodations, meals, and other goods and services.
- Develops and maintains an up-to-date operations manual and/or wiki that documents current departmental policies and procedures. Ensures compliance with current College-wide policies and procedures pertaining to new students.
- Maintains currency through professional organizations and publications on issues related to admissions, recruitment, financial aid, and other areas germane to enrollment.
- Attends as a representative of the Admissions Office and participates in meetings, campus task forces, committees, workshops, seminars, conferences, and training sessions as requested.
- Performs other related duties as assigned. Must be responsive to work-related phone calls and emails during non-business hours on occasion.
A minimum of a Bachelorís degree required or a combination of experience/education in a higher education setting may substitute for minimum education.
A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience working in an admissions office is required with a proven record of progressively more responsible roles. This position requires strong technology skills, particularly in MS Office (i.e., Word and Excel) and CRMs. Banner experience a plus. Data entry experience and attention to database details is required. Experience managing and leading a small team is highly desired.
Other requirements include excellent organizational skills, proficient writing skills, the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, and highly effective communication skills. Individual must be self-motivated, disciplined, and able to work as part of a team. Individual must be able to work evenings and weekends as needed.
Information and Application Process Instructions
How to Apply:
Interested candidates must apply via Otisí website at https://otis.simplehire.com to be considered for the position.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the Otis College of Art and Design and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...