Admissions Systems Manager
Otis College of Art and Design
Otis College of Art and Design is currently accepting applications for an Admissions Systems Manager. The Admissions Systems Manager manages complex databases to store, organize, and manage large sets of data and detailed admissions information. Creates, maintains, tunes, optimizes, and audits data on a regular basis. Serves as the project lead for database customizations and system configurations to ensure accurate import/export of data, efficient ad-hoc queries, and other on-demand reports. This position provides analytical and technical expertise on systems integration and makes recommendations on future system needs. May lead junior database administrators. This position reports directly to the Associate Dean of Admissions.
- Plans, designs, develops, and implements databases of high complexity. Oversees the functionality of admissions-related technology platforms (i.e., online application, CRM, etc.) Performs database configurations, system testing, performance tuning, and other database management duties.
- Works with IT and other college departments to refine systems, import/export accurate data, standardize data, and ensure efficient flow of information into other databases, system applications, and other offices on campus.
- Develops, implements, and manages optimal queries, database upgrades, and participates in the application of system patches. Builds reports and dashboards for department leadership to monitor staff performance, enrollment targets, and enrollment goals.
- Serves as the project manager for database customizations and multi-platform system configurations. Provides analytical leadership and technical guidance on system integration, implementation, and upgrades of operating systems. Develops structures and timetables for data capture, storage, system maintenance, updates, and improvements in alignment with College-wide policies.
- Monitors systems, databases, and overall work flow for accuracy and optimal efficiency. Identifies areas to customize and/or automate to improve processes and end-user experience. Determines whether adjustments need to be made and confers with IT and/or vendors as appropriate.
- Troubleshoots problems reported by users. Identifies system problems in a timely manner and resolves routine problems. May research resources to identify solutions.
- Anticipates and accommodates future technical and programmatic needs. Recommends changes to improve systems and database configurations and researches technical requirements related to such changes.
- Develops and maintains appropriate system documentation for training purposes on the proper use of Admissions systems. Conducts end-user training on navigating systems, reporting functionality, and student information system modules. Formulates standards for system management.
- Coordinates data backups, disaster recovery operations, and/or recovery of systems in collaboration with IT.
- Assigns, modifies, and deletes user accounts and resolves security access problems in coordination with IT. Maintains the integrity and security of systems.
- May lead junior database administrators.
- Stays informed of new developments and technologies by reading journals and other pertinent publications, maintaining contact with vendors, and participating in professional organizations, meetings, and seminars.
- Performs other related duties as assigned. Must be responsive to work-related phone calls and emails during non-business hours on occasion.
Bachelor’s degree required or combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education.
A minimum of 3 years of work experience building, configuring, loading, and/or restoring operating systems from the ground up. Expert understanding and strong technical knowledge of relational databases and/or CRM management is required. Banner and/or Slate experience desired.
Individual must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work across departments. Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and think analytically to problem-solve is required. Individual must have a thorough knowledge and understanding of data reporting, data analysis, data profiling, and data manipulation. Experience building automated reports and dashboards is highly desired.
Information and Application Process Instructions
Interested candidates must apply via Otis’ website at https://otis.simplehire.com to be considered for the position.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the Otis College of Art and Design and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...