Associate Dean, Student Services (Multiple Positions)
Job Profile Summary
Under general direction, this position is responsible for managing selected student services functions in admissions, registration and advisement at a major campus or center. This position serves as the lead student services administrator in the absence of the dean of students. Specific assignments vary from position to position. Duties include supervision of a medium to large staff including academic professionals, classified administrative support staff and student workers.
- Daily - 10%: Oversees and manages the daily operations of Advisement/ Services.
- Other - 10%: Responsible for people management of the area, including recommendation of staffing, hiring, termination and discipline, setting performance standards and evaluating staff, staff development and training.
- Daily - 10%: Assist students in developing a clear educational plan including decision making, course selections, and registration. Assists students in submitting course waivers, academic standards petitions, applying for graduation and with the transfer process.
- Weekly - 5%: Plans, organizes, and participates in student orientations.
- Quarterly - 10%: Develops institutional effectiveness plan and department goals in line with division, campus, district and college strategic imperatives.
- Other - 5%: Interprets and articulates policies and procedures.
- Quarterly - 5%: Implements initiatives designed to enhance student completion, retention and enrollment.
- Weekly - 5%: Represents the Student Services Division at campus and college-wide/district meetings and committees.
- Weekly - 5%: Serves as the chief Student Services Officer in the absences of the Dean of Student Services/Chief Student Services Officer.
- Daily - 5%: Develops, implements and evaluates pre-entry program for admission of students in accordance with the college policies and procedures
- Monthly - 5%: Assists in the development and oversees the implementation and evaluation of campus enrollment management strategies. Collaborates with the district as well as the strategic goals of the college
- Weekly - 10%: Develops, coordinates, implements, and evaluates campus recruitment/outreach plan.
- Weekly - 5%: Provides pre-entry advisement to prospective local, national and international students.
- Daily - 5%: Oversees the processing of the admissions and registration functions at the campus level.
- Other - 5%: Performs related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Models inclusive excellence through specific actions that support the College's diversity goals in the recruitment, hiring, and retention of talented and diverse faculty and staff
- Oversees and coordinates professional development plans, management and evaluation, and submits appropriate recommendations of personnel actions
- May manage multiple discipline/departments or multiple units within a division
- Works directly with contractual provisions, interpreting contract language and working with faculty to ensure contract provisions are met
- Develops and manages the departmental budget(s)
- Responsible for the protection and safe-keeping of confidential data acquired during the course of work.
- Requisition # REQ-000015516
- Master's degree required. Doctorate degree preferred.
- Three (3) to 5 years of progressively responsible experience in student services is required.
- Background in admission, registration and advisement is required.
- Work with residency and immigration issues a plus.
- Prior supervisory experience, staff training, budgeting skills are important/critical as well.
- Experience with institutional effectiveness and or strategic planning for enrollment and advisement services is a plus.
- Experience working at an institution who uses the career pathway model or serving students is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication, financial management and budget design skills
Information and Application Process Instructions
How to Apply for Broward College Positions:
Apply on-line through https://jobs.broward.edu
A complete online employment application form is required with the following requested documents.
- Cover Letter
- Upon selection, official transcripts will be required.
- Employment is contingent upon successfully passing the required background checks.
- All positions are contingent upon budget approval by the Board of Trustees.
Call (800) 682-3646 or (954) 201-7338 for more information
Broward College is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from underrepresented groups, including minorities, women, and person with disabilities.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Broward College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...