Professors (Open Rank)
Ritchie School of Engineering and Computer Science
University of Denver
The Daniel Felix Ritchie School of Engineering and Computer Science (RSECS) at the University of Denver (DU) invites applications for multiple tenured/tenure-track faculty positions at all ranks. While preference will be given to applicants at Associate/Full Professor level, exceptional candidates at the Assistant Professor level will also be considered.
DU is the oldest and largest independent university in the Rocky Mountain Region and is committed to building and sustaining a culturally diverse faculty, staff, and student body. DU is a research university with high research activity and enrolls approximately 11,700 students in its undergraduate, graduate, and professional programs. RSECS moved in Fall 2016 to its new $63M building that houses state-of-the art research and instructional laboratories as well as a modern innovation and maker-space floor. Following our 2017-2022 Strategic plan, we are building our curriculum around experiential, challenge-based, project-oriented, diverse-team, and community-connected approaches. These are focused on two global goals: to Develop and Inspire Healthy Global Citizens and to Create a Smart, Sustainable World. Research and teaching directed towards these global goals will be built upon five cluster areas: 1. Artificial intelligence, 2. Biomedical devices and technologies, 3. Cyber-physical systems, 4. Robotics, and 5. Smart and sustainable cities. RSECS is home to the Departments of Computer Science, Electrical & Computer Engineering, and Mechanical & Materials Engineering. Successful candidates will be tenured or tenure-track in one of these departments with the possibility of joint appointments in other departments. Applications will be reviewed beginning August 1, 2017 and will continue until the position is filled.
Successful candidates must have an earned doctorate in computer science, an engineering discipline, preferably in electrical, mechanical, computer, or materials engineering, and an outstanding research and teaching record consistent with the rank, and preferably have prior university teaching experience or previous work in a research laboratory.
Rank will be determined at time of hire commensurate with background and experience:
- Assistant professors will be candidates in the first two to seven years of experience post-doctorate with strong potential for future research.
- Associate Professors will be candidates who are mid-career scholars with national and international reputation and a strong, established research record. Often candidates will have been granted this rank by another institution.
- Professors will be candidates at the top of their career as scholars with national and international reputation and an extensive research program. Often candidates will have been granted this rank by another institution.
- Teaching Undergraduate and Graduate courses.
- Conducting research.
- Providing service to Department, School and University.
- Advising students.
- May supervise graduate students.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to effectively teach undergraduate and graduate courses.
- Ability to build and maintain research program.
Applications will be reviewed beginning August 1, 2017 and will continue until the position is filled.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply. For questions about this position, please contact email@example.com
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Current CV
- Research and teaching statements
- Cover Letter outlining your fit with the position
- List of 3-5 individuals who can serve as professional references
When inquiring or applying for these positions, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the University of Denver and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com