Academic Fieldwork Coordinator - OTA
Raritan Valley Community College
Raritan Valley Community College (RVCC), serving Somerset and Hunterdon County residents for fifty years, offers over 90 associate degrees and certificates, customized training and continuing education. The College's 240-acre campus lies at the crossroads of central New Jersey in North Branch. RVCC is committed to being a learning-centered college that works closely with the community to develop and offer new and innovative programs to meet the needs of a growing diverse community and student population. Signifying a strong commitment to student success and completion, RVCC was one of 30 colleges nationwide selected for the Achieving the Dream 2011 Cohort.
Academic Fieldwork Coordinator - OTA
RVCC is currently accepting applicants for an Academic Fieldwork Coordinator- Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA) for September 2017.
The OTA Fieldwork Coordinator is a full-time administrative position in the Department of Health Science Education responsible for monitoring fieldwork experiences and establishing, managing, and administrating Level I and Level II fieldwork courses for occupational therapy assistant students enrolled in the AAS OTA Degree program.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Coordinates and manages the relationship between the college and the fieldwork sites.
- Identifies and implements sites for fieldwork education that provide the best match with the Program's mission and philosophy and opportunities for students to apply concepts presented in the OTA lecture and lab courses.
- Develops contractual agreements for all sites; coordinates the tracking and verification of all program clinical affiliation contracts to ensure they are current, accurate, viable and adequate in meeting program needs including the required Certificate of Liability.
- Assign students to fieldwork placements, ensuring that the students have completed all required information needed to begin fieldwork, including medical forms and criminal background checks.
- Develops and implements student orientation to the fieldwork site including an understanding of the required paperwork and assignments that must be completed.
- Visits clinical sites to review and evaluate students' clinical performance and progress and communicates students' progress to the program director.
- Monitors student interaction with the clinical supervisor and clients so that student fieldwork attendance hours meet or exceed the Program's requirements.
- Educates clinical sites about the OTA Curriculum to assist collaboration between faculty and fieldwork supervisors in establishing clinical objectives that meet the goals of the program.
- Develops and reviews annually fieldwork policies and procedures to ensure compliance with the Standards for an accredited Educational Program for the Occupational Therapy Assistant.
- Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA) or Registered Occupational Therapist (OTR). NBCOT certified and licensed in the State of New Jersey.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree.
- Minimum of 5 years of clinical practice with demonstrated knowledge of current occupational therapy practice.
- Knowledge of ACOTE regulations pertaining to fieldwork.
- Strong organizational and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point, and other computer skills.
- Unencumbered New Jersey State Driver's License.
- Master's Degree preferred.
- Experience as a fieldwork coordinator for an OTA program preferred
As a New Jersey First Act Employer, new employees must establish a primary residence in New Jersey within one year unless an exemption applies.
RVCC's starting salary is commensurate with educational qualifications and experience. We also offer an attractive benefits package.
For consideration of the above position, please submit your cover letter and resume online
We regret that we are unable to respond to each and every resume received. Only those candidates of interest will be contacted directly.
Raritan Valley Community College is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Plan Employer. We will implement the policy to assure that the employment opportunities offered at the institution are available to all person.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/gskscj4ds95kgmgj
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Raritan Valley Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com