Baltimore City Community College
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
Summary of position’s responsibilities: The Master Electrician is responsible for performing electrician tasks in the installation and maintenance of wiring, electrical systems, electrical panels, generators, electrical controls and electronic equipment. This position will also keep the facilities at the college in good working condition, provide a safe and healthy environment for students and staff and perform related work as required. The incumbent in this position will use methods, tools and equipment in the maintenance and repair of electrical systems.
A (Master Electrician) essential functions:
- Provides preventive maintenance on and replace electrical controls, motors and related equipment;
- Reads, interprets and works from blueprints, plans and various technical drawings and manuals;
- Troubleshoots electrical equipment, motors, controls, and power distribution panels;
- Testing electrical systems or continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures, using testing devices, such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, or oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system;
- Inspecting systems, equipment, or components to identify hazards, defects, or the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes;
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Color Vision: Master electricians work with colored wiring and must be able to identify them by sight;
- Troubleshooting: Master electricians must be able to find the root cause of issues and think logically about solutions;
- Customer Service: Master electricians often work for many different customers, and must be friendly when working on site;
- Critical Thinking: When diagnosing problems, Master electricians must think critically in their process of repairing the issue;
- Mechanical Skills: Master electricians read blueprints and schematics and use an array of tools and diagnostic devices to service and install electrical parts;
- Systems Evaluation: Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system;
- Ability to read and work from blueprints.
Employees in this classification receive supervision from (Maintenance Supervisor).
Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Five (5) years of experience installing, repairing, and maintaining electrical systems;
- DLLR license;
- Certification as a Master Electrician;
- National Electrical Code;
- License of high voltage, Commercial and Industrial Equipment;
- Associate’s Degree in electrical engineering;
- Experience working in an institution of Higher Education
Information and Application Process Instructions
Why Work at BCCC?
Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a crossroads of diverse peoples, of learning and work, and the multiplicity of stakeholders we serve: individuals, businesses, government and educational institutions of the community at large.
Our employees enjoy a collegial environment that is both challenging and welcoming. We stay innovative as we strive to be the leader in providing quality education that responds to and meets the needs of a diverse population of learners. Students come here to change their lives through education.
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Applications: Please apply online.
Explore this and other current employment opportunities at BCCC by visiting the search openings listed at Baltimore City Community College jobs
When inquiring or applying for this position, please reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within Baltimore City Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please apply online
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...