Assistant Vice President for Institutional Effectiveness
South Orange County Community College District
To serve in an administrative capacity and work closely with the Vice President for Instruction and other District and College administrators in an environment of shared governance to assure institutional effectiveness, quality instruction, student learning and instructional services at Saddleback College; work with Division Deans to provide leadership, coordination and support for Online Education and professional development college-wide; supervise the Library, Learning Assistance, Faculty and Staff Center for Student Success, Honors program, AVID for Higher Education, and curriculum office; work closely with the chairperson and members of the Curriculum Committee on curriculum approval; and perform assigned duties in compliance with applicable State and federal regulations and guidelines, District policies and procedures, and the Collegeís educational goals and objectives.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying.
Masterís degree from an accredited college or university in a discipline reasonably related to the assignment. An earned doctorate from an accredited college or university is preferred.
- At least two years of faculty experience at the post-secondary level;
- At least three consecutive years of recent successful administrative and leadership experience;
- Evidence of a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, physically challenged and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
Preference will be given to those candidates demonstrating a high level of professional expertise in:
- Institutional effectiveness;
- Leadership experience in the development, organization, and management of postsecondary instructional programs;
- Evidence of an understanding of and experience with principles of participatory governance and effective participation;
- Evidence of experience in presenting summary analytical reports about student outcomes data, trends and fluctuations, and accreditation reports.
License or Certificate:
A valid California driverís license.
Please visit the Districtís Employment Opportunities website at https://jobs.socccd.edu for a detailed job description, to learn more about the District and to complete an on-line application.
To Apply: https://jobs.socccd.edu/postings/7967
NOTICE TO ALL CANDIDATES FOR EMPLOYMENT: The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Public Law 99-603, requires that employers obtain documentation from every new employee which authorizes that individual to accept employment in this country.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within the South Orange County Community College District and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com