Natural Resources Planner - MDE
The College of Southern Maryland
Tracking Code FY17-108-CB
Maryland Department of Environment (MDE) is seeking a Natural Resource Planner through a contract with College of Southern Maryland.†This position, working in Baltimore, will provide GIS† screening services to the Permit Services Section in the Wetlands and Waterway Program. It is anticipated that this position will assist in screening full time and entering the data in the Departmentís TEMPO data base. Other duties include maintaining the GIS data layers, contacting property owers or agents for additional information, and contacting other State Agencies to obtain updated data layers.†† Some travel is required.
The work schedule for this position is 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.† Flexibility is required.
College of Southern Maryland conducts background checks in order to ensure the safety and well-being of the college's staff and students. The final candidate for this position will be subject to the following background checks: Criminal History Check.
This position is open until filled. For best consideration, apply by 11:59 pm EST Thursday, 06/08/17. The College of Southern Maryland is an Equal Opportunity Employer. †
- Bachelorís Degree from an accredited college or university in natural resources planning, management or development, geography, regional planning, environmental or biological sciences.
- Knowledge of State environmental law and regulations
- Ability to perform routine research with a minimum of direct supervision
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports
- Ability to maintain and utilize databases
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with technical specialists, contractors and other planners
- Working knowledge of geographic information systems preferred
- General knowledge of State GIS and cultural resources preferred
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Please apply online at:
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at The College of Southern Maryland and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com