Director of Institutional Research and Effectiveness
Otis College of Art and Design
Otis College of Art and Design is currently accepting applications for a Director of Institutional Research and Effectiveness. The Director of Institutional Research and Effectiveness provides timely, accurate, consistent and reliable information about the College and the environment in which it operates. Through evidence-based analyses, the Director supports and guides enrollment planning, institutional effectiveness, grants, assessment, higher education studies/reports, and accreditation activities. The Director oversees an institution-wide research department and provides consultative services, advisement, and recommendations to decision-makers across the College regarding analyses, evaluation, and interpretation of data. This position reports directly to the President.
- Provides consultative services and advisement to key College leaders and decision-makers regarding institution-wide data and data collection processes (i.e., enrollment forecasting and projections, student retention, graduation rates, etc.) Analyzes and evaluates data. Provides data trend information to support recommendations for action.
- Works in partnership with the President’s Office to perform qualitative research on strategic initiatives.
- Collaborates with management on matters of best practices, appropriate statistical measures, and benchmarking. Plans, organizes, and schedules qualitative and quantitative research activities to meet objectives. Develops and implements research policies, procedures, protocols, and systems to support statistical analytics. Documents and communicates reporting protocols to key stakeholders and/or constituencies as appropriate.
- Develops College strategies, infrastructure, and templates for the submission of data to external organizations (i.e., IPEDS, NASAD, AICAD), internal surveys (SAM, NSSE, HEDS) and other voluntary reporting (Common Dataset, US News, Petersons.) Analyzes data received from external organizations including WASC, IPEDS, CIRP, National Student Clearinghouse, and NSSE. Ensures compliance with federal and state reporting authorities.
- Oversees or performs data collection and/or entry processes. Recommends and/or utilizes methods and procedures for data acquisition, management and quality control, as directed or as needed. Recommends and/or utilizes statistical techniques for data analysis.
- Oversees or performs maintenance and development on the College’s central database. Designs data input or data collection screens, as needed. Enters and/or validates data entry, as needed. Ensures data errors are addressed. Provides technical support and design enhancements.
- Trains student workers and/or temporary workers. Provides work guidance and direction. Schedules, assigns, and prioritizes workloads. Sets appropriate deadlines. Monitors performance and ensures timely completion of work.
- Supports the submission of highly competitive grant proposals/applications. Assists with determining proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs. Studies requests for proposal. Attends strategy meetings. Provides statistical advice on technical aspects and proposal preparation planning, as needed.
- Produces an institutional dashboard of key performance indicators used by a range of stakeholders to track the College’s effectiveness and to inform strategic planning and decision-making. Tracks the College’s activities and initiatives through data-driven narratives and visualizations that are compelling and visually interesting in both print and web format.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and timely records, including source documents, protocol documents, and regulatory documents, as required by institutional guidelines or other outside regulatory agencies. Validates data and recodes database as needed. Generates ad hoc reports and analysis of data upon request.
- Authorizes expenditures and reconciles office budgets. Sets budget priorities for the office and prepares and/or directs the preparation of financial reports and documents as required.
- Serves as an internal resource to faculty, staff, and administrators on research methods, data analysis, and data-driven decision-making. Conducts related trainings and mentoring as needed.
- Chairs and/or participates in campus-wide committee work (i.e., Student Survey Committee, National Student Clearinghouse Committee, Assessment Committee, Environmental Steering Committee, Projection Committee, etc.)
- Stays current in field of specialization through coursework, reading journals, maintaining professional networks, and attending seminars, workshops, and/or conferences as appropriate. Brings new opportunities under development and best practices in specialized research field to the attention of College decision-makers.
- Performs other related duties as assigned. Must be responsive to work-related phone calls and emails during non-business hours on occasion.
A Master’s degree from an accredited college or university with coursework that includes knowledge of research methods, statistics, and databases is required.
Must have 2 years of experience leading research and analysis in an education or training institution.
- Experience conducting research and communicating results for educational outcomes assessment, enrollment management, support for grants, or institutional effectiveness is required.
- Must have experience managing projects and teams. Proficiency with Banner, Access, and Excel is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to acquire, evaluate, organize, maintain and communicate data.
- Proficient in research design and analysis.
- Ability to provide leadership and vision for the role and use of information, data, and research in planning and decision-making.
- Strong positive interpersonal skills including the ability to work collaboratively, build effective working relationships, work effectively with executive leadership and faculty, be a team-oriented leader, and utilize critical thinking skills.
- Possess excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Utilize excellent time management, problem solving techniques, and use of professional judgment in a complex team environment.
- Values diversity and possesses an understanding of multicultural and cultural competencies; ability to work effectively with faculty, staff, students, families and others from different backgrounds.
- Actively engages as a member of the campus and serves as a member of assigned committees; understands and supports the mission and strategic vision of the College.
Information and Application Process Instructions
Interested candidates must apply via Otis’ website at https://otis.simplehire.com to be considered for the position.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the Otis College of Art and Design and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...